What's on your plate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to use the fire pit I built (after bailing the water out) to burn some of the brush that has been accumulating from sawing smoking wood (ran the 141 a little on the bigger pieces).

Smoked 2 Boston Butts with said smoking wood (hickory).

Put some peroxide on my 14 month old's face after the dog bit him.

Found a supply of dye to try (against everyone's advice) and anodize a cylinder head.

Bought some thermocouple wire so I can try and build a sparkplug thermocouple, to see if anodizing (if it works) actually makes the cylinder run cooler.

Poked fun at FATGUY for driving a Chevy...

I sharpened chain for my neighbor. I heard him cuttng, then the saw bogging and protesting.. "he'll be down soon". Sure enough.. .

I dug dirt, humped compost and chips around all weekend. We went from snow three days ago to 70... spring won't wait for me..

Last edited:
Put some miles on my snowmachine, ordered a couple bar tips and chains from Madsen's. Snowing now so I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can go out for a few more loads of wood. Have to be careful with the new shoulder.

Earned 2 hours of continuing ed. credit to be used for renewal of my teaching license, by going to a weekend class in Kansas City. Took up the whole weekend, got an assignment to complete as well. Worthwhile, but I was sitting in class all day both days, and that's what I do all week. I need to be outside running saws...........

Maint. on things here...

Changed oil and greased the 4-wheelers,,tractor,mowers...Kinda crappy weekend,,didnt get to cut or mill a thing... :cry:

What's on my plate?

Manuscripts, grading, RT-PCR experiments, wedding planning, teaching, greenhouse maintenance, reading HUNDREDS of plant biology articles, and more wedding planning.

Saw related: splitting a case on the JRed 80.

Put some miles on my snowmachine, ordered a couple bar tips and chains from Madsen's. Snowing now so I have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can go out for a few more loads of wood. Have to be careful with the new shoulder.

Nitroman,
Shoulder replacement or repair?

How far are you from Mt Redoubt? Are you seeing any ash from the eruptions?

update on the 026 Pro: I couldn't see anything through the exhuast port, so pulled the cylinder. It appeared to have a chunk of carbon on top of the piston, and the exhaust port was carboned, but the P&C weren't scored.:confused: I found another chunk on the crank. It appears that the inside of the clutch side bearing has given up its cage or whatever...:mad: Oh well, I guess it'll get seals and bearings.

update on the 026 Pro: I couldn't see anything through the exhuast port, so pulled the cylinder. It appeared to have a chunk of carbon on top of the piston, and the exhaust port was carboned, but the P&C weren't scored.:confused: I found another chunk on the crank. It appears that the inside of the clutch side bearing has given up its cage or whatever...:mad: Oh well, I guess it'll get seals and bearings.

my 034 had a peice of plastic in the compustion chamber yested day :dizzy: i am going to have tear it back down and check this too.

I got a plate full of being sick for the past three days. I woke up last night with a temp of 103. I hate being sick.

Saturday Finished stacking my next 2 years worth of firewood, have 1 more years worth to go.

Worked on my Harley some, mostly cleaning and modifications to the old girl..

Sunday went to the flea market, and visited my Mom in the nursing home, then watched the race and messed some more with the Harley....

Installed a new locking mailbox at the end of my long azz driveway, can't see it from the house and keep finding it open so we decided security was best.

If that fails we will have to go the PIA route of a PO box and I don't want to do that. Anyone know of a place I can get the camera or video system that is motion sensing and would work on a + 500 foot driveway?

Never mind, I found them online..

Im thinking for getting pics or something if someone messes with the mailbox.

anyone? :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Lets see here.....Child care 11 month old little girl. (stay at home dad)

Cut some dead elm.

Pulled a cement mixer out of a dumpster. At this point it looks like it's all there and nothing wrong with it. I have a bag mortar mixer but it doesn't like the rocks in regular cement. Last year I pulled a JD riding mower out of the same dumpster w/ deck and snowblower. Needs a carb. Got some 2x4s out of there too and some other odds and ends.

Worked on a buddies bicycle for his wife.

Changed some more diapers.

Church was in there too.

Went to meeting on the missions trip we're planing on around the end of May to Mexico. Building housing for kids, passing out food and running a VBS. Anyone looking/interested to support this drop me a PM.

Cleaned the carpet in one room. 2 rooms to go.

Played with the 44 Mac. Point push rod still sticking causing the points not to close.

Looked at my compression tester to see if I can mod it to check the compression on my 82 Mercedes 300sd diesel. The tester goes up to 300 lbs so, the engine in the current condition I don't think the gauge will be maxed out. The head was rebuilt not too long ago. It's not starting very well and is blowing blue smoke so I suspect low compression as one of the problems. I'll probably stick new rings in it. I want to burn veggie in it. I got it free from my buddy. He hit a deer with it in 07 and it has sit ever since. The left headlight, grill and hood took the hit. I found a guy near by with parts.

That's about all I can think of.

Did I mention that I changed a few diapers?:clap:

Dan

I went to the central New York GTG at Weimedog's place. Had a blast. 50 degrees and sunny with 4 inches of snow on the ground. Got to run a bunch of saws that I had only read about. Ran J.Walker's ported 246xp ported357xp and ported372xp (real nice saws!) ran a Dolmar 7300 an ms361 and ms310 for the first time. Ran a bunch of other saws as well. Fixed, modded and broke(plastic bar oil tank) my old Super 2. Drank some beers and ate a bunch of good food. Fell and bucked a nice 24" diameter ash and some big dead cherry with "willsaw4beer" "motomedik" and "weimedog" using my ms441, motomedik's 7300 and weimedog's 455(nice little saw). Drove the jeep around through the woods a little bit. That was all on Sunday!

Saturday I shoveled and hauled composted manure for the gardens.

Sunday was more fun.:cheers:

Had to work saturday, overtime though so I'm not complaining.

Sunday I got the lawn mower out of the shed then got my crawler out of the back. Had to pull the starter and free up the bendix to get her to start, but I'm happy to report the steering clutches arnt froze up :cheers: went and moved a bunch of brush sunday evening then put a new handle on one of my axes.

I just got done servicing the lawn mower and cleaning the garage out again. now its time to get with dad and get his Indian motorcycle finished up :chainsaw:

Saturday replaced lug studs and nuts on rear wheels of my 87 Dakota wood hauler...don't ask long story that ends w/ right rear wheel coming off.
Folks came over...drug two decent size maples up to the house that had some huge burls
BBQ's pork loin 1" thick cuts on the grill
Bday party for my daughter...can't believe she is three now
Watched the Spartans abuse the Huskies
Sunday church
lunch and some snugglin w/ the wife (kids are at grandparents house)
dropped and bucked 5 dead Ash trees (ran a tank of fuel through the 262xp and 254xp that gtor gave me a hand w/, great job enjoy the saws a great deal)
Won our first round playoff coed volleyball game
Moved the furniture out of the way in the bedroom for my paint and trim job today

I almost forgot! Maybe I'm trying to block it out...

I spent an HOUR freeing up a housed throttle cable on my mower. I can't think of any more frustrating repair, except anything you might have to do on a Japanese vehicle (assembled, apparently, by 3 year-old contortionists with a penchant for hiding oil filters).

The mower came with the house we just bought, so I only used it once last year. The cable was sticky, so i gave it a shot with WD40, but like a retard, didn't follow up with any real lubricant, so it wouldn't budge after a "winter" in the garage.

1 hour, 8 ounces of WD-40, 1000 iterations of "push-pull", 2 ounces of 5W30, 500 more iterations of "push-pull", and I was ready to go.

Worked on a buddies bicycle for his wife.

Dan

Jeez. And I thought I was pretty good at bargaining!:hmm3grin2orange:

On Saturday I drove the small motorhome ("Stumpy") up from the Outer Banks back home to CT on the last leg from the vacation to FL. 21 miles of bumper-to-bumper traffic on the approach to DC -- all for the sightseers to view the cherry blossoms, I assume. Then fighting the 39 mph crosswinds in the mountains of PA. Could only do 52 in a 65 zone, or I would lose control and change lanes when it wasn't appropriate. Not a fun trip.:dizzy: 16 hours to travel what should have taken 12.
Good thing the "vacations" are so infrequent! :D

Back