What's the best price on a MS361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Heck, I'm a contractor and I get haggled every day. Not for $50 or $100, but thousands. Other day, bid starter home in Minnesota. Quoted the guy all parts/labor/inspection fee's for $6900. That was with a very sharp pencil. Guy calls me back, wants me to do it, but can I match a lower bid? Sure, as long as were comparing apples to apples, he says $4800!!! WTF Come on, i'm dumb but not stupid. Maybe, I could move $500, that's it. Loser.....

True Story: received a payment for a bill and it was $10 short??? Note inside envelope says: Bruce, I feel it's fair to deduct $10 off your invoice for the use of my bathroom!!!! Now mind you, I took 1 leak, that's it. what a joke. For $10, I shouldda taken a #2 and plugged that Kohler solid, #####! That note still sits framed in my office.

Let the haggling begin.....:censored:

:ices_rofl: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :laugh: Thanks for the laugh! I'm rolling, LOL!

woodchuck361

woodchuck361

ArboristSite Guru
Paid $542. with a 18" ES bar and 33rsc chain another $60. for a 24"bar and chain , free case and file. I ask if they had any cases to go with the saw. They said "yea $40. but they just had a promotion on 290 w/free case and some one bought a bunch and didn't want the cases so they gave me one . Super nice guys they get all my business.
There is no haggling at my dealer. They are the best in town. The only other place to buy a stihl is at a local chain of garden centers that wrote the book on overpricing. When I bought mine I called on a Monday ask if they had any 361's in stock "yea sure got 6 of em". I went down on Friday they sold all of them. So I paid for one and picked it up on the next Friday. They sell them for 530 with a 16" bar and the price goes up from there.

sdnomad

sdnomad

ArboristSite Lurker
If you can find one priced with "buy it now" on ebay and pay with paypal, you can get 30% cashback through Microsoft's live.com. Go to live.com, do a search for ps3 or wii, and you should see a link stating 30% cashback on Ebay.

For those that say that this sounds like a scam, then don't do it. I know its tough to trust no name fly-by-night companies like microsoft and ebay. I'm sure you can find a stihl for 30% off about anywhere.

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
If you can find one priced with "buy it now" on ebay and pay with paypal, you can get 30% cashback through Microsoft's live.com. Go to live.com, do a search for ps3 or wii, and you should see a link stating 30% cashback on Ebay.

For those that say that this sounds like a scam, then don't do it. I know its tough to trust no name fly-by-night companies like microsoft and ebay. I'm sure you can find a stihl for 30% off about anywhere.

That is a way to save alot of $$$$ but if you have problems with the saw, you are F-ed.....Just think if that extra $130 you saved is going to buy a new p&c or worse. Go with a dealer and have some support.

sdnomad

sdnomad

ArboristSite Lurker
You are right when it comes to support, you're better off buying local. I doubt that there are any authorized stihl dealers selling on ebay. But if you buy a new stihl, there is not much that can go wrong with a new stihl. It might be a different story if you were buying a Wildthing. If you are in the market for a Husky, there are authorized Husqvarna dealers on ebay that would come with a factory warranty.

That is a way to save alot of $$$$ but if you have problems with the saw, you are F-ed.....Just think if that extra $130 you saved is going to buy a new p&c or worse. Go with a dealer and have some support.

Last edited:

Latest posts