What's the lowest Price you paid for Titanium GB Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uwharrie

Uwharrie

ArboristSite Operative
We will have two different 20" bars. One will be for the small mount Husky with 3/8" and the other will be the large mount Husky. The 24" and 28" will be large mount Husky.

Of course these bars fit other brands of saws such as Dolmar, Jonsered and Makita.

cuttinscott

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
I Just scaled 3 20" .058 Large Mount Dolmar/Husq bars and the weighed:
GB CN40 2.6lbs
GB Pro Top 2.8lbs
Oregon PM 2.6lbs
Steve

We purchased these bars with the info that they are titanium bars and when they came in since they are private labeled for Husky they had no marking verifying that fact. We have GB Titanium bars as well as GB Pro-Top bars in stock so we could see if we were certain we could identify if they were titanium bars. Four different people were able to see the color of the bars without paint on them ( in the slots where the studs go) and all four said the color of the metal of the ti bars were different than the Standard Pro top bars. These bars are the same color metal as the titanium CN40 Bar. We weighted all these bars and we come to the conclusion that the titanium bar and the Pro-Top bars weighted exactly the same. No difference in weight on any of these three bars. We are confident they are Ti Bars.

I still find it hard to believe these are Titanium CN40 bars I believe they are just the std. ProTop that makes more sense seeing thay GB has told me they never tooled the small husky mount in the Ti CN40 bar only ProTop. Also when we scaled them the Ti CN40 was lighter than the ProTop

Scott

Uwharrie

Uwharrie

ArboristSite Operative
I still find it hard to believe these are Titanium CN40 bars I believe they are just the std. ProTop that makes more sense seeing thay GB has told me they never tooled the small husky mount in the Ti CN40 bar only ProTop. Also when we scaled them the Ti CN40 was lighter than the ProTop

Scott

Hi Scott, Sent you a PM. Tony

Uwharrie

Uwharrie

ArboristSite Operative
One more question for you Tony. Do you know the # of links per bar? I try to keep all of my bars & chains standardized so I don't have anything odd ball to contend with. Right now I use (3/8) 72 link for 20", 84 link for 24", and 93 link for 28".

You are correct on the links. 20" = 72 DL
24" = 84 DL
28" = 93 DL

wanab

wanab

Addicted to ArboristSite
I still find it hard to believe these are Titanium CN40 bars I believe they are just the std. ProTop that makes more sense seeing thay GB has told me they never tooled the small husky mount in the Ti CN40 bar only ProTop.

Scott

i just received my bars from Amick's and these are the real deal GB Ti bars painted and labeled Husky, in small mount even.

:cheers:

wanab

wanab

Addicted to ArboristSite
you can be in doubt or "denial" all you want, it doesn't change the facts these bars are what they are claimed to be.

have you actually seen these or you just want to bust up the mans thread?

i have and was able to easily identify the bars as GB Ti. im sure i could prove it to you but its hardly worth my time.

with attitudes like you and E$E have it makes me glad i got the hell out of NY. too bad it took me over 30 years. i can see why they hate Yanks down here.

LoL!

cuttinscott

cuttinscott

Addicted to ArboristSite
No Denial About It

you can be in doubt or "denial" all you want, it doesn't change the facts these bars are what they are claimed to be.

i have and was able to easily identify the bars as GB Ti. im sure i could prove it to you but its hardly worth my time.

with attitudes like you and E$E have it makes me glad i got the hell out of NY. too bad it took me over 30 years. i can see why they hate Yanks down here.

LoL!

Ive been told by GB that they do not and have never produced Ti bars in the small mount Husky / Dolmar
Also have been told by Husky Dealers that they are Not Ti bars as well. Im glad you happy with your painted ProTop

Im sure your a great metallurgist and have data to prove your point..

Also Im not here to bust up Tonys thread I did start my own on this subject, Your the one that brought this thread back to light.

So the NY Lifestyle is too fast paced for ya LOL

Scott

Native New Yorker a Stones Throw From Vermont LOL

Last edited:
2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User

LoL!

I just can't let it go......to easy.......sorry.............

Sounds like you got a wanab Ti bar.:ices_rofl:

wanab

wanab

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ive been told by GB that they do not and have never produced Ti bars in the small mount Husky / Dolmar

i cant say who made the bars but if GB didnt they are an exact copy and of just as high quality.

have been told by Husky Dealers that they are Not Ti bars as well. Im glad you happy with your painted ProTop

cant say what bars the other dearlers had so i cant speak for them. i have never owned a protop bar.

Im sure your a great metallurgist and have data to prove your point..

i do OK for an amature. yes i have data, i would look foolish to come here and make claims with no data such as you.

:chainsaw:

Edge & Engine

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor

LoL!

That's a first, thanks.:cheers:

Grande Dog

Grande Dog

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
We tried to buy these bars (Branded GB Orange CN40) in every tail pattern we could. The only tails available are currently available are the large Husqvarna mount, standard Stihl mount, and the large Stihl mount. GB or Stens has never sold any CN40 bars to the OEM's.

04ultra

04ultra

"Out of Control"
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

Wanab what type of bar are you running in this picture??

Latest posts