What's the lowest Price you paid for Titanium GB Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Titanium is roughly 60% the weight of steel. You would know a titanium bar if you held it. Ti has lousy wear properties, so any bar made from solid Ti would have to be hardfaced to last.

BTW, and end-mill will make any of those bars Stihl mount...:clap:

so does this mean that they are for sure GB bars? kinda confused how they have Husky on them but are supossedly GB....???

Similar things happen all the time in the bar world - there even exist Stihl branded bars that are made by Oregon, and I believe GB as well, down under.

I suspect you are right......:givebeer:

They may be more wear resistent, but hardly much lighter.

its my understanding Ti is lighter than aluminum and stronger than steel(but not more wear res. as was stated).

cant see all them race teams paying all the years for unobtanium if it was not lighter.

maybe Tony can weight a powermatch and GB if he has one around.

my sugg. for price would be to offer the diff. size bars at reduced prices to AS members and then offer increased discounts as you buy more bars.

ex.

2 bar $5/bar off 1 bar price.

3 bars $6/bar

4 bars 7/ bar

it seems many would like to mix and match, myself included.

its my understanding Ti is lighter than aluminum and stronger than steel(but not more wear res. as was stated).

cant see all them race teams paying all the years for unobtanium if it was not lighter. .....

There isn't much Ti in the Ti bars - read post 37!!!

Just got my baileys cat. today for 08. It has gb ti bars for husky & stihl in it.24" for49.95. 28 for 54.95 NOT BAD!

Thats is what I am thinking. I buy Oregon bars and I will try a Gb titanium for a resonable price. I have heard they are a good bar and the orange looks very nice on a Husqvarna or Stihl saw.

Don't get too attached to the orange paint it doesn't stick on the titanium bars very long. However they are excellent bars imo.

Actually about 3.2 oz ;). I just wanted to get to it before ST.

i wouldnt step on the mans toes like that.

:)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But they are not lighter than the Power-Match, but probably more wear resistant (except for the paint).

As I understand it, the small amount of Ti in the steel makes it "work harden", so initially the "Ti" bars wears as normal or more, but then more or less stop wearing.....

I really don't care, I am perfectly happy with the Oregon bars.

:cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:
I bet there is less then 1% Ti in that steel... any weight "loss" is just due to construction and/or geometry. Just marketing....

Last edited:
I heard from GB it is less than 1% titanium. The steel used in the "Titanium" bars is different than the steel used in the Pro-Top bars, and the rails on the "Titanium" bars are hardened using a unique process, hence the CN40 logo.

I've used the 30" hardnosed pro top bars for milling & like them alot.I could only score some for husky saws though. Sure would like to find some 30" for my 066s.

We have the GB bars in stock. After many posts on this site we were checking all the info we had as well as all the info we have to make sure we are honest and forth right about the product.

We purchased these bars with the info that they are titanium bars and when they came in since they are private labeled for Husky they had no marking verifying that fact. We have GB Titanium bars as well as GB Pro-Top bars in stock so we could see if we were certain we could identify if they were titanium bars. Four different people were able to see the color of the bars without paint on them ( in the slots where the studs go) and all four said the color of the metal of the ti bars were different than the Standard Pro top bars. These bars are the same color metal as the titanium CN40 Bar. We weighted all these bars and we come to the conclusion that the titanium bar and the Pro-Top bars weighted exactly the same. No difference in weight on any of these three bars. We are confident they are Ti Bars. We will have the 20" for $29.95 and the 24" for $34.95 and the 28" for $39.95.

Thanks for all the ideas on marketing. We have decided the easiest way to give an extra discount would be to offer an additional 12% on orders of three bars. This will net the prices down to $26.36 for the 20", $30.76 for the 24" and $35.16 for the 28". Shipping is limited to the 48 States.

We will have product listed on our site for sale this weekend. We will have a link from this site so you can order. It will be exclusive to members and viewers of this site for the first week. Thanks for your patience.

Latest posts

Back