Whats the strangest thing you have ever cut/seen cut with a chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WITH A MUFFLER MODDED 390!!!!! I thought the noise was going to bring the house down....Everyone in the house came running to see what I was doing with the saw in the house, until I got a crazy look on my face and revved it.....then stuck it through the floor......:greenchainsaw:

Oh, yeah. I forgot all about the time I helped dad remodel the kitchen when I was a kid. During the demo phase, he got the idea to take out the soffits with the Pro Mac 55. This was about the same time my buddy wheeled up to the door and saw dad on a step ladder with the saw buzzing away and me in the middle of the kitchen pounding away busting up cabinets with a crowbar. The look on his face was priceless :jawdrop:.

What's the wierdest thing you have cut or seen cut with a chainsaw?

Part of a dead person. I was a volunteer fireman, and to get into a burning home one of my buddies fired up an 066 and cut out a section of the wall of the home. Person had been sitting on the floor leaning against the wall when smoke inhalation cashed him in.

You wonder why firefighters drink?

Civil War anyone?

Did you keep the cannon ball?

nah i didnt keep it, brand new chain on a 372xp cut right through so it was pretty worthless. worst part was i didnt even feel it in the wood! i was more concerned about resharpening my 84 drive links of new chain! :censored:

aluminium

i,ve had half a dozen ms650 that had been used at alcan for cutting up aluminium, they just use normal chain, swarf gets in behind the oil pump and destroys the crankseal and aluminium dust and chain oil sets to a very hard black crud all over the saw.
cheers mark.

Before today all I coulda said was ice. Had to get rid of a roll of linoleum today. Needed to be in 3' lenghts. Was hacking at it with a razor knife for a few minutes before I went looking for a better idea. The blue beast took care of it easily. I was laughing the whole time remembering this thread.

Trimmed my shadow grass, needed it for the duck blind. Dulled the snot out of the chain.

hole in a wall

for a set of patio doors....

carpenter came in .... looked around... chalked the hole....

went to the truck, grabbed a crapsman, and came into the dining room, fired it up and went to town!

from when he arrived to when he left with the door installed, 45 minutes...
Dad did the trim!

Turned a window of a burning house into a door about a month and a half ago. Cut strait down both sides and pulled the section out, instant doorway.

Angry Copperhead... do remember that the chain will throw loose or light items AT YOUR LEG...:jawdrop:

2Door

A friend borrowed my brothers 625II, with a new bar and 2 new chains. He cut roots around 2 big stumps with the first chain. The second chain was used to cut a 50 foot trench to run phone line to his garage, across 20 feet of gravel driveway. Couldn't understand why my brother was so upset. Never loan a chainsaw to someone who doesn't have one.

Dad cut the tail off a coon that was in a hollow tree we dropped. It must have been dazed from the fall, it had plenty of time to escape. It came out of the log like it was fired from a cannon.

BIL thought I was nuts when I used a saw to build their polebarn.
Him Why don't you use your circular saw?
Me Haven't figured out how to do a muffler mod on it.

Roger

Wife had a few beers once and decided to start one of my new 385's in the house. Well, you can guess what it cut, her leg. Since, she has learned how to properly run one and now even competes. With chaps.:chainsawguy:

I saw a crew running orange pipe for fiber optic using a Stihl 026 or similar to cut the pipe into sections. Thought that there would be a tool made for that job but the saw worked great.

A pine tree downtown using the worst technique ever

Is there anything correct about this technique?!?! :jawdrop:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6N6rViWIzVY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6N6rViWIzVY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A few years ago a few buddies and myself managed to acquire a large roll of Baby wipe material. This is a huge roll about 4 feet in diameter and 4 feet long. We started out with knives cutting it into 16 inch wide strips.. This was taking forever.. I turned around and here comes my buddy with his jonsered chainsaw. It literally looked like it was making snow. When we were finished, his garden looked like a spot snowstorm had hit.. We each had enough shop rags for a couple of years out of that roll.

Latest posts

Back