What's the strangest thing you've cut or done with a Chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a small barn with a Poulan S25DA. I had bought my daughter a horse and decided I need a barn. The site was too far from the house to use extension cords. It had one stable, a tack room, and a loft big enough to hold 100 square bales of hay. The daughter is married and a long time gone, but the barn is still there, full of junk. Still have the saw.

I have a ####ty old Mac 310 for the rough work, bamboo, stumps or close to ground work.
I have a pile of old bars and chains to fit it and it still goes well for beater work.

I did once use the Husky off our pumper to open a steel roller door............it was a long walk back the the truck and the officer wanted the door open "now"..............you call it and I'll do it!

Should really have walked back and got the Partner saw with the open anything blade on it!!!! :blob2:

I saw that same thing on "Moonshiner's" on Discovery. Tim hollered out a round bale to store several gallon jugs of moonshine in.

Missed that episode, but watched the last 3 episodes last night.

Tim and Tickle (cracked ribs and all) were so busy, they were just filling up the backs of pickups with gallons upon gallons. Can't believe they don't get nicked with all the a b c'ers hunting them. Oddly the prices they are talking almost sound like commercial prices for whiskey in liquor stores (or maybe my math is bad). Well they obviously have a lot of demand.

I have a small Poulan I use to quarter Elk, Deer and bear and such. Makes very short work of it.

Cut the tops out of a few plastic, 55-gallon drums to use as trash containers on one of our areas. The bar really likes to kick when you plunge cut into 3/8" plastic.

I cut 1/2" copper water pipe out of a house to be demolished, used a Pioneer 1072 14" bar 3/8".
I also took the basement stairs out. The house was locked up when the excavator operator arrived. He thought he would look through the house, dropped down in a basement window and couldn't get back out. Bet next time he just smashes a hole in the wall to get in.

killed a snake

I killed a snake coming out of a wet cavity. It was like a duel, it striking, me swinging. It bounced off the first 5 times before I got a good nick and then kept hitting him there till his head came off. I have smoked bees to get away. A friend got sued for using one without a chain at a halloween fright house. He entered a port o pottie with a woman inside. His mask wasn't enough protection...

Back