What's the word on 041super and 051?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy Tom

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
At work we just picked up a surplus 041 Super and 051. Don't know yet if they run but will put bars on and give them a try tomorrow. Would they be worth the fuss of rebuilding to use for milling P pine? What are the shortcomings and strengths of these two saws.

PS. We have plenty of other saws for other types of wood killing i.e. 036, 288, 394, 3120.........

Well sir. I own a regular 041, not the super model and I love it. Stout and reliable. It ain't going to slay trees very fast. But it will get the job done and let you know the whole way it loves to chew. The 051 is heavier than sin and cuts slow. But lord does it have tons of torque. If you plan on using them, I hope you got plenty of time. Both are good saws. Old titans. :cheers:

I'll take them though. If you don't want them. :cheers:

I'll take them though. If you don't want them.
2nd that

my real good friend has an 041 super, and another has 041 farmboss...you cant tell the difference in anything upto about 18-20" but ive used the super and with a 28" bar i tried to stop it, but it just kept chugging along...holds a special place in my heart..tried to buy it from him but no go, dont blame him...

lets just say he has difficulty choosing between the 041 super and 064 at times...

The 051 is a torque monster. Great saw for use on a mill, where the weight won't be much of an issue.

The 051 would be a nice milling saw. Parts are plentiful too if you break something. If you're looking for a project, swap the piston/cyl for the 076 version, and you'll have an even nicer milling saw.

Oh, and the 041 Super is cool too.

How many cc's are each of these saws? How long a bar will the 051 pull while milling P pine? I think that's where it's heading.

041 Super is 72cc
051 is 89cc
075/076 is 111cc

I've never milled, so I can't help with that one. You'll probably find some info if you search over on the milling forum.

Latest posts

Back