Whats up with Dolmar ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I took my 5100 to the dealer 8 weeks ago for a new ignition module. Have called him every week since and he tells me the part is on back order. Anyone know whats up with Dolmar ?

I took my 5100 to the dealer 8 weeks ago for a new ignition module. Have called him every week since and he tells me the part is on back order. Anyone know whats up with Dolmar ?

Dunno about the Dolmar end of it, but I'd ask whassamadda with your dealer. Like, what distributor is he waiting on?

may not be the dealers fault at all. they were moving the dolmar warehouse and had an interruption with parts supplies. they are slowly getting back on track. Still waiting on a coil or is it fixed?

I tried to buy a new old stock Dolmar 5100...dealer fired it up (very reputable dealer) got out of Dolmar, only selling Husky and Echo now. Anyhow coil went out. Discounted me even more said they would call when it arrived. 6 weeks later still no coil.

you could probably get one through the swap meet. there's gotta be a few dead 5100's around ;)

may not be the dealers fault at all. they were moving the dolmar warehouse and had an interruption with parts supplies. they are slowly getting back on track. Still waiting on a coil or is it fixed?

Still waiting.

My dealer is one of the largest Husky OPE dealers in the country and he stopped carrying Dolmar's and picked up Echo, who knows exactly why but he said he will be very pleased when this last 5100 is gone. He has been trying to get the part through Makita and still no luck. Makita shows it as available but he hasn't had any luck getting it.
In no way am I faulting the dealer he/they are very respected and I have no need to doubt what I'm being told. He offered to discount a Husky if I was tired of waiting.

Recently Dolmar changed the way dealers have to buy products to stock. Basically they are required to
sell a large volume of equipment every month in order to remain a dealer. At least that is what I was told by a dealer who also recently dropped Dolmar. As for your coil, have you checked aftermarket? They are usually a little cheaper than going oem.

no change in the way dealers are buying product at least at my distributor. shouldn't be a problem to get current model parts within a week. beginning of the year they were having some parts difficulties but that has been fixed. 181143204 red coil. in stock in NC,TX,OR plus all the dealers that actually stock parts

The only time I ever heard of issues with the dealer I once did business with, was because he hadn't played his bills. Really a coil isn't going to be hard to find for a dealer that's worth anything. Old saws, new saw to other dealers or distributors. You guys have dealer issues, not parts on backorder.

Got my saw back yesterday. Won't be giving him any more business.

Back