whats wrong in this pic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also agree the TIP is OK, not textbook, but worthy.

anyone notice the power line?

First thing I looked for, saw none, still don't. There's a faded jet contrail, crappy cell pic, I agree, but that is not a powerline.

Climber is dressed for a "meet and greet" not the work. Needs PPE.

It better be half-way through a removal or this Ash is setup for failure.

Lastly, it's a posed pic. That is wrong on several levels, unless it's this prima donna's first ever climb. Action shots or vids are cool, pics that the customer e-mails you working are way cool.

Posing for photos in an easy tree is just gay.

RedlineIt

Hey, i think he's wearing geckos!!! There was an article in the billings gazette a few weeks ago about the rising cost of health insurance for businesses. they featured a local tree company. the pic on the front page had a climber in the tree- no helmet, no 2nd safty line, no eye protection, no nothin...no wonder health insurance is rising. i'll try to find the pic and post it for the whole world.

Last edited:
My fricken sides are splitting reading this thread. Arborism sure can be a good platform for humor. Tip looks good to me. It's not a trim job so maybe he should have reduced those other stems before lowering down to where he is? Looks good to me. :clap:

I am laughing so hard at the posting I forgot the usual, no helmut, no gloves, no goggles. Did he loose a shoe. Something about that leg, maybe he needs to take a leak and you won't put the fricken camera down.

He drop his saw? Bad haircut? Left home without eatin' a proper brekky and left the coffe pot on? Dead squirrel under his heel?
No idea what u r fishin' for on this one lol! :monkey:

:cheers:

Serge

that hillbilly is far from gay!!!! some people..... i still did not hear the answer i was lookin for, bring it people!!!!!

So it is you in the pic, right WLL ?
no way, wll keeps his crash helmet on and wears leg arm n neck chaps in the tree. he also keeps pilot goggles n earmuffs on his head and has boots up to his:censored: neck.

Hes tied in just fine.

Whats the problem?

Should be wearing a hard hat, he aint hurting nobody but himself.

His posture and look on the face seems like he is doing just fine,

what a pile of crap ripping on this guy!

that hillbilly is far from gay!!!! some people..... i still did not hear the answer i was lookin for, bring it people!!!!!

(WLL) - I'm not a tree guy and even though it jumped out at me the first time I looked, I have refrained from commenting, but, well, here goes...

He is in the wrong tree, actually in the neighbor's yard, not the customer's.

That's gonna be 'spensive.

O i can see it now, he is missing his carpenter belt and a sawzall. i was on that job and the co made him climb the tree 3x. the first climb he had to gut thin untill the poor ol tree was empty, than later the boss talked the ho into thinking the tree needed to come down because it was too big. than the boss made me run up and hack off some big limbs just to make sure we got the job. the next day i pruned her to the stump. i hate to admit thats me for many reasons and im sad to see such a nice healthy tree get destroyed for no good reason. i hate to hack but where i work its my job. the tree was a easy 90+ feet with two big healthy codom stems. the tree had to come down small and lots of ropin to avoid many obsticles. we had no biz f-in up such a nice tree:cry: the bos did it all for a grand. stump and wood included. it was 4hrs comming down. the chips filled 1-1/2 full truck loads and the wood was almost 4 fully stacked loads in our new big truck. 4 man crew 1-1/2 days. saftey gear is not required were i work so i often leave it in the truck. sorry for showing a poor example on this great site. im even more sorry about all the nice trees we f-up.i refuse to admit i work like that. its not me. heck im just a cable guy

Last edited:
Back