What's your best excuse to go cut wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I don't go cut it somebody else might beat me to it.

If it lays there any longer it's going to rot.

Gotta get it before the frost comes out and its a muddy mess.

Need to get enough to finish the stack.

I could go on all day with excuses I've used

Don't need much of an excuse, besides it being fun. We cut every other weekend in the fall/winter and get to play all day on the ATV and tractor, leaving the cell phones in the truck and simply relaxing. It's more of a therapy thing than anything else. Also, after a hard day how can you beat a home cooked meal from my family, whom I am cutting wood for...:wave: :beer:

There's no hardwood down there in the Piney's :msp_tongue:

Never needed an excuse, just go do it man! The more you cut, the more you want to cut, oh wait the FAD in me is coming out! :yoyo:

Last edited:
Start selling a little bit.
That will serve 2 purposes. Cash flow and keep you on a saw. :cool2:

I cut/split and delivered with/ for a guy last winter but, it has been really mild here. Sales and usage is down, and after last winter I stocked up.
This year I did put up a face of standard size oak for sale, and its still there.(I cut at about 18'' or so)
My problem is, it hard to sell wood when you use wood.
Saw work has slowed down but, I did hear about a select veneer cut, but no word yet.

I go out in the wods for some Peace & Quiet...

If you already have enough firewood, what's your rationalization for cutting more? In other words, what excuses do the rest of you guys use to go play with the saws? Here are the next two I'm going to use:
If I don't cut that dead leaner soon, insects and rot will degrade the trunk making it really dangerous to fell.
I was going to put that shelving up like you asked, but the hardware store is out of those special screws.

Hi Guys- Well I go out in the woods for some'peace & quiet', to get away from my naggin' Bi***ing Wife!
Well that, and for the excercise, and because I like to Cut!!!

'Enjoy!

CTwoodnutt :rock:

Don't need no excuse... Honey, come help me unload...

If you already have enough firewood, what's your rationalization for cutting more? In other words, what excuses do the rest of you guys use to go play with the saws? Here are the next two I'm going to use:
If I don't cut that dead leaner soon, insects and rot will degrade the trunk making it really dangerous to fell.
I was going to put that shelving up like you asked, but the hardware store is out of those special screws.

You're doing something wrong. Why do you need to make excuses for cutting wood, or anything else you want to do?

Latest posts

Back