What's your best score ever?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found an 020t abandoned by the power company on my land (a line used to cross our field) bent bar, rusted clutch...I bought a new bar and chain, and a friend with parts put a new clutch and a two jet carb in it for FREE...
That was 5 years ago and its still going strong:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Best one ever PM1000 for free, spent 50$ on a new carb, ran great.
100_0632.jpg

038 mag free from Mill I work at. Invested in a bar and chain gas and oil caps
littlie tune up work and its been runing great for almost a year now. my 1 loop of chain has turned into 9 totaly worn out. time to go by 2 are 3 more.

a stihl 041 av super and homelite xl-12 together, was dumping some old useless rusty car parts at the landfill metal pile, when a guy pulled up and prepared to throw both saws onto said pile. i explained the saws would be better served resting in the back of my pickup truck . . . the guy agreed and i drove away with them. the xl-12 was dirty and had a rotted fuel line, the stihl had decayed av mounts, and some paint loss, but the metal was all intact including muffler guard! also had nearly new chain and 24 inch windsor speed tip bar! wish i had more chance encounters like that

026 free. Re-pistoned and air filter, and added new fuel and impulse line and filter. Nice little saw, under 60 dollars invested, and sold it for 200.

Cherry MS361 @ pawn shop: $179

Previous owner dumped it because it was "Junk". Needed a new bar/chain because the poor mis-informed previous owner put strait premix oil in the oil tank.

P/C looked brand new. Got a few tanks through it. Runs like a top.

Lets see- I built a 2100XP outta spare parts in the "junk" box at the shop. Except for the full wrap handle (yuck) it's never given ne a seconds problem. A guy at work gave me a 133 Sachs-Dolmar that needed AV mounts and 2 junk Poulans that sorta run, but are so old and beat I can't find parts. I also had a tiny Homelite I used to hang off the hames when I was horse logging. It ate a muffler nut one day and that was that.

Not a chainsaw BUT DAMN!

Heard it on NPR yesterday while going to work.

Dodge dealer, they didn't mention what state or town.

Buy one truck at full sticker price, get the second truck free!

That's what I call a score.

My SIL gave me her BG55, MS290, and new FS250R, when she moved out of the woods into a condo. She got 9 months free room and board from me. (divorce fiasco)

Back