What's your favorite $50 tool?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma Barker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Every year for Christmas my extended family does a "Secret Santa" gift exchange. We draw names & each person buys a gift for one other person, with a $50 spending limit. Most folks provide a wish list to make shopping easier on everyone.

I usually ask for tools for the workbench & would like something for working on saws or anything else this year. So, what's your favorite $50 tool? What would your wish list look like?

Ma

craftsman brake bleeder vacumn tester tool.

an assortment is the best so you might hit at least one thing they like.
better odds that way.

top of my list in an assortment is the led lighted ball cap. about 15 bucks

its the handiest thing I got myself in a long time. specialy with longer dark time on us now.

wander all around and not have to hold a light. has high beam, lowbeam and floods:)

Just bought my Father in Law a $50 Case mini-trapper pocket knife. Nice little knife, and made in USA, not china like most Gerbers.

The Knipex Alligator and/or Cobra is the one tool I always take with me. Well built, well engineered and a pleasure to use. About $25 - 30. If you need to spend a bit more, add a small set of Klien screwdrivers. I've never used a Knipex or Klien tool that failed to satisfy.

ole joat

Lots of good suggestions. I'll add:

Flywheel puller
Pressure tester (or the parts to build one....pressure bulb, pressure guage)
Spare chain
Files
Cheap tachometer?
Combinaton fuel/bar oil dispenser
PPE

Dear Santa

12/3 extension cord 50 or 75 ft

Surefire G2 with extra batteries

Clamp on magnifying lamp (unbelievably useful for chain filing and working on firearms)

Irwin or Jorgensen one-handed squeeze clamps

Magnetic tray for holding nuts and bolts while working on stuff

Metric tap and die set

1/2 dozen each Stihl gas and bar oil flip caps (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Take Care

Back