when did saws become more than tools to you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it was when I realized that there never seems to be a watch around everytime I fire one of my saws up. One of the kids has to come for me and yell and scream to get my attention.
That's when I knew there was something else involved for me. If I can focus on something that easily, well it must be fun. Cause i just drift off on mostly anything that even feels like work.
A

Back when I was a little kid watching my Dad and Grandpa cut wood together. I couldn't wait to cut with them, but I was only 4 or 5 at the time.

Cutting wood back then was an event. Wish I could have those days back...

Perfectly said word for word! They made me wait til I was 11 to run the big poulan 1800. That was my saw from that day forward sharpening, cleaning and running it. I was happy as a pig in sh*t. Wizzed me of when dad told me that he sold it to one of his buddies.:cry:

When I started logging over 20 years ago.They wouldn't let me run a saw at first,I started out hooking up chokers.It wasn't long and I was doing most all of the felling and bucking.I never got tired of running saws and I still do it every day.I guess I'm lucky to be making a living doing something I have a passion for....
A couple of weeks ago my 13 year old daughter was working with us one Saturday dragging brush.She was begging me to let her run a saw.I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.All I had with me that day was a MS460 and a 441.I told her that if she could get either one of them started she could make a few cuts.She couldn't quite turn the engine fast enough.Now I'm debating on getting her a smaller saw so when she's working with us she can do more than just grunt work.I guess she has the bug in her too because before that I could not even imaging a 13 year old girl wanting to be running a saw.

When I started logging over 20 years ago.They wouldn't let me run a saw at first,I started out hooking up chokers.It wasn't long and I was doing most all of the felling and bucking.I never got tired of running saws and I still do it every day.I guess I'm lucky to be making a living doing something I have a passion for....
A couple of weeks ago my 13 year old daughter was working with us one Saturday dragging brush.She was begging me to let her run a saw.I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.All I had with me that day was a MS460 and a 441.I told her that if she could get either one of them started she could make a few cuts.She couldn't quite turn the engine fast enough.Now I'm debating on getting her a smaller saw so when she's working with us she can do more than just grunt work.I guess she has the bug in her too because before that I could not even imaging a 13 year old girl wanting to be running a saw.

that's awesome, good for you!!!

After years of being very unsatisfied with a Homelite I bought a Husky 353. The Husky was everything I expected from the Homelite. I gave the Homelite away and everything associated with it. Since then it started with 353 then a 372XP. Now I have more capability than I'll ever need.
ZG

After years of being very unsatisfied with a Homelite I bought a Husky 353. The Husky was everything I expected from the Homelite. I gave the Homelite away and everything associated with it. Since then it started with 353 then a 372XP. Now I have more capability than I'll ever need.
ZG

I can vouch for that.... :bang:

Back