When did you run your first saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to be about 7 or 8. Looking back now I have no idea how I was able to do so without hurting myself. It was a Stihl 009L, and I thought I could cut down the entire woods with that saw! I had to be about 12 before I could use the 041. Now I've got more saws than the old man!!

I had to be about 7 or 8. Looking back now I have no idea how I was able to do so without hurting myself. It was a Stihl 009L, and I thought I could cut down the entire woods with that saw!

Believe it or not, the first saw I bought was a Stihl 009L and despite I was 37 year old, I had exactly the same thought that I could cut down the entire woods with that saw!

Well son'y as I recall, (spit) (chaw) that was back in the 60's when I was 24, (spit). Yep, that was a Mac powermac 320 with a fancy auty matic chain sharp'ner. It was a "top" handle saw as they call em today, but I didn't know noth'n back then. To me it was just a chainsaw and worked real good for 'bout near on to 30 years (spit chaw) Don't run worth a dang today but I kept her anyway. Yup, that was one sweet saw. Found out a few years ago that it was good fer cutt'n wood too. :)

I was nine years old.I started running a skidder at 11 years old.The saw was a Homelite XL 12 and the skidder was a Timberjack 208. My brother started a firewood business when he was 18. I was 10 years younger.The only time I could spend with him was working.Great memories.:)

Back