where is the ser on a MS250/ 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serial numbers on STIHL saws should be visible without any disassembly. They are on the upper part of the white case, on a top edge, near the front, but can be on either side of the saw.

Sometimes they are stamped in. On many of the plastic case saws, they are engraved via a series of dots, which can be very hard to read accurately unless the area is cleaned very well and you have good light. Easy to mistake a '3' for an '8', a '5' for a'6', etc.

On the 025/250 look down at the saw to the left of the muffler (starter side of the saw).

Philbert

Last edited:
If the engine housing has ever been replaced then the saw will not a stamped serial number on it. If it had one it would be right above the oil cap like stated before.

Don't worry i don't think that there is a nr on that type of saw, i'v got one as well, and i can't find it eighter.
And my saw was bought in a store.

I have a total of 6 025s or 250s (actually one is a hybrid, averages out to a 137.5). All have serial numbers, although as I noted above, sometimes they are hard to read correctly. Had to compare the numbers I thought I read with the records that our dealer had, based on what he sold us.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back