Where the heck is the Jonsered 2260WH?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw -40*F with the wind chill at the top of Killington ski mountain in Vermont in '93 or '94. The exercise kept me from turning into a Popsicle but it was sure cold. I was glad to finally get down to the bottom, my bandanna over my face was a frozen stiff board that I had to crack in half to take off. I have never worked in that kind of weather. Mostly it is in the 20's (Fahrenheit), sometimes in the teens, seldom in the single digits and rarely below zero. All my chainsaw activity in winter is limited to storm cleanup of only what's necessary.
good friend from high school was a ski instructor at Killington back then, and led trail rides during the summer. As a recreational skier, I never went out for fun when it was much below 10, but I competed in a few XC races when it was around 0 or colder. That was COLD enough on skis.

I went snowmachining when it was below zero (I don't remember exactly) and my gloves weren't up to snuff and it was before hand warmers were standard equipment. Most of my fingers were purple when I got back so I went down to see my grandmother who was the towns doctor. She told me they were going to hurt for a few hours and when I got older they would probably bother in the cold. She was right, always was. This is the reason I run heated handled saws today. If I can keep my hands warm, I can take the cold better than most.

As for skiing, I here it's quite the fad here in Vermont.

Back