Where the heck is the Jonsered 2260WH?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently asked the same question and was told the only saw in the Jonsered stable with HH would be the 2172.

Guys on AS do look for saws with HH, but I would doubt there is a huge demand for the saws on the average Joe marketplace.

Even though I have 2 saws with heated handles, a 2260WH is on my wish list.

As I look out the window, it's 29 degrees and snowing pretty hard. So I ask, where the heck is the Jonsered 2260 with heated handles? I know J.Walker wants one, anyone else?
Snow already? Awesome! Dad grew up in the NEK, and we would spend summers on Lake Parker, 1 mile from his childhood home. Could see quite a need for heated handles back home in northern NY. If I ever feel the need for them in NC, I will be disappointed with how soft I have become.

I recently asked the same question and was told the only saw in the Jonsered stable with HH would be the 2172.

Guys on AS do look for saws with HH, but I would doubt there is a huge demand for the saws on the average Joe marketplace.

Even though I have 2 saws with heated handles, a 2260WH is on my wish list.

Ditto

Local Husky, J'red, Dolmar dealer gave me the exact same answer. The CS2172WH is in short supply as well and will most likely be phased out due to lack of demand. Stihl has pretty much done the same, with, as I understand it, the MS461 being the only model available in the US in an Arctic package, and then only if the regional distributor wants to stock them. The market is indeed very limited as heated saws only make sense in probably less than 20% of the US, and of that population not many will want or spend the extra money to get the heated models of any brand. Truth be told however, if you cut in winter conditions, once you try a heated saw you're hooked and if you don't, then you have no need.

I have nothing to support the following statement, other than personal experience so take it FWIW. Husky's with the high top filters are extremely prone to air filter icing when cutting in snowy conditions, especially powder. My 576XP and a few of the 390XP's I used, wound up up sitting in the truck to thaw, or after a fashion I just got another filter for the 576XP. My guess is this is one of the main reasons several of their saws when outfitted as "G" models come with the smaller low filter as the top of the high filter would freeze up solid. J'red's come with the smaller filter so perhaps they're less prone to freezing, I don't know. Also from experience, the blue snow skirt Husky provides to aid in keeping snow out is not effective at all, again especially in powder conditions. That said, Husky probably needs to keep the "G" versions available in the pro lineup and to their credit, makes them available.

Take Care

Very interesting that you find the high top air filters ice over easier than the low top ones. I wonder why?

The heated ones often are the first version to appear here, but is is of course a different market.

If anyone has a 2260WH for sale in the US, it likely is Spike60.

I wonder if you could route a portion of the exhaust gas through at least the front handle for heating :O.. at least you'd have one warm hand

If you want heated, with the exception of a few models you're going to have to find a retailer overseas (Husqvarna/Jonsered) or in Canada (Stihl) and get it sent over. That said, paying $1,200 to get a 560xpg seems pretty crazy, since that's nearly 2x what a 562xpg can be had for here. Lots of money for a few ounces a and the ability to run a small-mount bar.

Anymore, I wouldn't buy a saw without heat. I do not understand why they aren't more popular.

People doubt how useful heated handles are until they have used them in nasty conditions.
When I logged in the winter I used a 372xpg exclusively.
FWIW the Stihl Arctic saws have the better heated handle setup, but they are nearly non existent anymore.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only heated handle saws available in the US are:
Husqvarna 550xpg 562xpg 576xpg 372xpg
Dolmar 5105H 6400H 7310H 7910H
Stihl MS461 Arctic
Jonsered 2171WH

The list looks good overall, not sure if the 576xpg was available in the states, it was supposed to be at some point, but I could have missed if it finally made it here.

In regards to the Stihl 461 arctic last I knew there were 2 at a dealer in CT and that was it, I was told Stihl was no longer bringing the Arctic saws into the states. The sales were not strong enough to support the continued importation of the Arctic versions.

I used my Dolmar 5105H today and had the HH on, kept my hands nice and toasty in the windy, cool weather. HH option is money well spent in my opinion.

FWIW the Stihl Arctic saws have the better heated handle setup, but they are nearly non existent anymore.

What about the Stihl Arctic handles makes them better than any other version?

they can be made toasty warm. Nice, especially when working in the frigid north.

The whole point of all the winter versions is that the handles get toasty warm. I'm still unclear what is better about Stihl's version. My Husky handles get toasty warm, and I'm sure Jred's and Dolmar's winter versions do too.

A fellow who made some firewood for us one year went out and bought himself a new Stihl.. I can't remember the model, I think it was an MS291 with heated handles.. He could only use it for short periods because it was summertime and he couldn't find the switch to turn them off!! (not the brightest bulb that one), but I got a good laugh.

Back