Where To Buy an Efco 962???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Wassamatta Rich? Did you find a saw model you don't own yet? Have you run this past the boss?
:D
13046.gif

;)

Your local John Deere dealer ought to have them in "John Deere Green".  Same saw, different paint job.

Glen

WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT EFCO SAWS? HOW DO THEY COMPARE TO A STIHL OR HUSKY?

Originally posted by sedanman
Hey Eric, NICE STAND!
Paul,
The stand is working great, We put it to the test last weekend with a cross cut saw held up great. Thanks great job.

Rich,
The Neigerized 962 is a real runner can't say enough good things about the way it runs.... as matter of fact Tony (Ohio hunter) has it now giving it a good test run...... anyhow "we" really like it .
I will be lucky to pry it from his hands.
woodsdonkey

I would definitely buy a 962. The more I run its big brother, the Efco 981, the more I like the saw. It simply starts easily, and runs strong for its weight. Was worried about lack of parts and service support, and this will eventually become an issue, but for now the thing just runs great.

The engine on the 981 is sound, but the suspension system (anti vibe)will not hold up well in heavy duty use. The vibe elements will fail and allow the two mass units to move so far out of intended relationship that the throttle mechanism will break.

It will make a good firewood saw for most folks but I have quit selling them into log applications.

You will probably not ever encounter this with a 962 as they are not used for logging (real heavy duty applications)

The only problem I have seen with a 962 is the plastic oil pump drive stripping in extreme cold weather. It is inexpensive and easy to install. Buy a spare ahead and you will be O.K. Thin the oil when it gets below about 20 degrees.

Incidentally it is not rare for plastic oil pump drives to fail in very cold weather, some Husky/Jonsereds do also. You just have to understand what is at play (viscosity) and treat the situation accordingly.

Back