Where to buy in canada ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valleystump

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the site and the stump business for the most part. Currently I'm running an Alpine Magnum set-up that gave me some problems :censored: but now has been fixed and parts replaced.

My first question is where should I start looking to find a used Stump grinder in Canada, preferably over 27HP.
My second question is, what are people running for the "smaller" of the larger stump grinders and would recommend? *keeping in mind that a new machine isn't really feasible ($$$) at the moment where it's a new business.

Thanks in advance,

Nick A.
Valley Stump.

Dont buy a vermeer, anything

Whatever you do, go Rayco, Carlton or Bandit, stay far, far away from a 252 or any vermeer, I can help you find a grinder in Ontario if that helps, PM me or look up my company and call me.

AshTree,

I was almost locked into a new Vermeer SC30TX but backed out in time after doing a little more research and seeing the power difference between the 27hp models and bigger 35's etc..
What's the company ? Ontario would be a day's drive from here.

Thanks for the reply.

AshTree,

I was almost locked into a new Vermeer SC30TX but backed out in time after doing a little more research and seeing the power difference between the 27hp models and bigger 35's etc..
What's the company ? Ontario would be a day's drive from here.

Thanks for the reply.

My local Bandit dealer has a nice 2550 kubota 44 hp diesel, 6 hours (co demo'd) it and never committed. $30,000. Very nice machine. I almost bought it but my grinder sale fell through. My SC252 has made me piles of $ and very reliable.

My local Bandit dealer has a nice 2550 kubota 44 hp diesel, 6 hours (co demo'd) it and never committed. $30,000. Very nice machine. I almost bought it but my grinder sale fell through. My SC252 has made me piles of $ and very reliable.

Deevo,

I love those machines, but ..... 30K is A LOT of money for me to fork out right now.
I just started this part-time about 2 months ago and I'm absolutely shocked at how busy I have been and the calls I receive to do stumps. Without much advertising!

I've been eyeing craigslist in the Maine area and around there for a used machine, so I guess I'll keep on the hunt for now !

Thanks for the reply.

Valleystump

Deevo,

I love those machines, but ..... 30K is A LOT of money for me to fork out right now.
I just started this part-time about 2 months ago and I'm absolutely shocked at how busy I have been and the calls I receive to do stumps. Without much advertising!

I've been eyeing craigslist in the Maine area and around there for a used machine, so I guess I'll keep on the hunt for now !

Thanks for the reply.

Valleystump

Yep it is, I thought when I bought mine it was a lot. I do about $1500-2000 a week in stumps alone. I have one guy on it 3-4 days a week usually. Once people know you do it like you said it will get busier and busier. The 2550 is going to be my next grinder for sure.

Deevo,

I ended up going with a 30HP Carlton for the time being until I see what the demand is for a year. After that I'll take a look and see if its worth the $ to upgrade to something 35HP+:msp_thumbup:..

Thanks to all for the input.

Nick.

Latest posts

Back