Where to find wood pallets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernonFirewood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some free wood pallets to stack firewood on and haven't come across any yet. does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

There are about 50 in the dumpster at my work place. Pretty nice ones too. I think somebody would pay for these, but we continue to chuck em. Too bad you are not in PA.
PS I work at a school, and I bet the story is the same at almost every one. Go and ask the facilities people for extras.

Last edited:
my last load came from wal mart the guy who borrowed my trailer has a son who works there and brought it back with 12 pallets stacked on it. when i ran out i asked him if I could get some more he said just go talk to the manager but they always have a pile out back to be smashed before dumpsterizing them so no problem.

Hit the industrial parks, the 2nd/3rd shift guys are easier to bribe, and you can get some nice 12 footers with 3x3 oak runners, and 1" thick boards, great for stacking stuff on without putting a foot through.

I've made furniture from some of the better stuff, hard maple, cherry, oak, it's diamond in the rough wood.

Last edited:
free wood skids

I am looking for some free wood pallets to stack firewood on and haven't come across any yet. does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

if you live in lebanon,pa area
like me
you can get free skids at the lebanon daily news
thay make the news papers

that all ways have an add in the paper
you do not have to callem just go in the back at the dock and take em home

I get mine from a telecommunications place in St Louis. They are able to sell back the standard pallats to the shipping company (like $3 per), but the long ones are no good to them. I have six in the backyard, so almost all my wood is off the ground.

Look in the paper for medal fab shops. Call then and ask if they have any big pallets they want to get rid of. The pallets are big up to 4x12ft so you will need a trailer. I get about 20 per month:rock: :rock:

Roofing wholesalers (the ones that sell shingles). Have tons of them and they are happy to see them go.

If you come accross plastic ones, be aware, they have like a honeycomb type structure and will hold water in the pockets. I guess a drill will take care of that. KD

look on Craigslist under free... seems there's always a bunch of pallets

I get mine from a local equipment/mower dealer, who is always tossing them, but you may want to try the back of your local supermarket, as well as your home depot, lowes, or walmartl. I'm sure you will find pallets floating around back there and good luck.

I get mine from a local equipment/mower dealer, who is always tossing them, but you may want to try the back of your local supermarket, as well as your home depot, lowes, or walmartl. I'm sure you will find pallets floating around back there and good luck with your search.

Go talk to the local power linesman. Their transfromers, regulators, cap banks, etc etc come on BEAUTIFUL Oak, Cherry, and MAPLE palets. They weigh around 100lbs a piece but will last forever. You'll have to ask ncely though as most of these guys use them for firewood too. Except they burn the pallets!

Look behind almost any business that gets in large deliveries of anything.If your area is like mine they are more than happy to give them away just for asking.They have to pay an extra disposal fee to have them hauled off and they are usually very happy to have someone who wants to take them off their hands!

Latest posts

Back