Where to get carburator screwdriver set for double d, splined, pacman, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
As the title already says does anybody know where to get a set that can be sent to me across the big lake?

Thanks for the help.

I found a set of four on FleaPay. Actually bought two, one for me and one for dad, when I bought them. I think I got them from Randy Duncan. They are priceless when you need them.

I tried to get a driver from a saw guy so that I could adjust the carb on my friends Pull-on. He said that the EPA sent notice that if they were caught selling them, it would be a $20,000 fine. I think that I will end up with one anyway most likely. The EPA is out of control and needs to be reined in. Those little chainsaws are going to cause global warming, you know. :msp_mad:

I tried to get a driver from a saw guy so that I could adjust the carb on my friends Pull-on. He said that the EPA sent notice that if they were caught selling them, it would be a $20,000 fine. I think that I will end up with one anyway most likely. The EPA is out of control and needs to be reined in. Those little chainsaws are going to cause global warming, you know. :msp_mad:

Seriously?

Since OPE techs are not Federally certified, licensed etc .... is the EPA then going to go after whoever sold the tool(s) to THEM?

Where to get carburator screwdriver set for double d, splined, pacman, etc.

And memories of the girl I used to ride the school bus with came flooding back.:heart::heart:

Now we know were your name came from.... :laugh:

L O L

I ran into this just last week; I dropped my allen head screw driver (for adjusting my carbs) in the woods while cutting so I went to three different saw shops to get a new one and they all said no dice they only get 4 a year all three shops said it was EPA rule (each shop was a different brand of saw's also)

I stopped by a engine shop and the snap-on man was there and I bought two of the allen screw drivers from him one for the tool box and one for my pocket

I just went over to site sponsor edge & engine, and the 4 pc carb adjustment link is GONE. It is a sad day when a screwdriver becomes contraband, especially when a lot of people are going to lose a chainsaw engine for lack of one.

I still have my dremel tool & cut-off wheel, though.

HF

My emergency fix

I needed the fine splined tool a couple different times, on my Husky trimmer I used a drywall screw screwed into a automotive wireing butt connector and then lightly tapped it down onto the splines and did my tune. Some of the really cheap connectors will split instead of stretch over the splines. It worked well enough I put them in my saw box and kept them. Looking at them you can tell my roots come from Antlers Oklahoma and proud of it

I just went over to site sponsor edge & engine, and the 4 pc carb adjustment link is GONE. It is a sad day when a screwdriver becomes contraband, especially when a lot of people are going to lose a chainsaw engine for lack of one.

I still have my dremel tool & cut-off wheel, though.

HF

I was also hoping for one of the site sponsors but didn't find anything.

Are you just talking about a torx driver?

3433z.jpg

Shouldn't be any problem getting them from a tool store or a electronics/computer supply store.

I must have 50 chain saws, weed whackers, blowers, and hedge trimmers around the house and they all have screw driver slots.

May be a bit pricey nowadays , but if there are any "old school" computer shops still around,
Might check to see if they have any of the various driver types left.

edit: Should have mentioned That would be the Torx and Allen types.

Last edited:
Can someone post a picture of adjusting tool being discussed.

It will be this evening but I can.

I've adjusted carbs on machines that shops told me could not be adjusted. I just said ohh yeah? I pulled it out and made her go rich then lean, then set it back for them. Left that tech speechless. Guess he really wanted to sell carbs...

There are very few sellers of the carb adjusting tools on ebay compared to last year.

Latest posts

Back