Where to get saws modified at?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikE2

MikE2

ArboristSite Lurker
So far I've left messages or E-mail for Washington Hot Saws and North West Chainsaw but I havn't heard back from either. If there is anyone else here or anyone that you know of that has a business modding saws I'd really appreciate some information on who to call.

The saw is a 4 year old 357XP that I use regularly for cutting wood and clearing. Its not a race saw so I need it to be reliable and durable for the long term, and from my research a "woods port" looks like it would be the thing to do. Also the saw has a 16" bar with a 3/8 chain and never cuts anything bigger then 12 or 14 inches so if you think it could run a faster sprocket with the mods I'd like to do that too. Basically I want all the power and speed I can get out of it without hurting the reliability or the longevity too much.

Thanks for any information:cheers:

OilHead

OilHead

ArboristSite Guru
I have talked to both Walkers & Dean & they both prefer seeing a brand new saw or going thru with what you have starting with new or as new parts. With round trip shipping & $30.00 for the muffler mod its more like a starting point at $ 400.00 minimum. Dollar for dollar getting a bigger saw is probably a better bet.

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have talked to both Walkers & Dean & they both prefer seeing a brand new saw or going thru with what you have starting with new or as new parts. With round trip shipping & $30.00 for the muffler mod its more like a starting point at $ 400.00 minimum. Dollar for dollar getting a bigger saw is probably a better bet.

When you start with new, the operator doesn't know if you make it slower. HAHAHAHA

And if you manage to come up with $400, you learned different math than me.

bcorradi

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
I agree with some of the others. For the amount of money invested in woodsporting it isn't economical imo unless your making money with the saw. Sell off your 357 and buy yourself a good used 372 and muffler mod it. Its a better investment imo.

MikE2

MikE2

ArboristSite Lurker
I have no problem spending (not investing, in my case) $400 on a good job. And you're right, I'm not making any money on the saw, I just have fun with it and I like things that work good and things that work better then the next guys. I have bigger saws already, I just like this 357 because if its size and I do 85% of my cutting with it because of that.
I'd rather spend the money on this saw instead of getting a bigger and heavier one that I'll end up not liking

ScottWojo

ScottWojo

ArboristSite Guru
I think he is a member. Dave Neiger? I think he knows someone in the midwest who is a builder. Josh can correct me if I am mistaken.

Scott.

Latest posts