Where to Purchase Log Splitter in Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy G

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been burning wood to heat the house for three years. My first year I split all the wood with a maul and wedges. The second year I borrowed a home made log splitter from a neighbor and I could have split faster with the maul but it was less work to use the splitter. This past spring I got sucked into using a Stickler and am done with that as well. I don't think my back will ever be the same.

With all the threads on log splitters I would like to buy one of the best and cry once. The only problem is that getting something shipped from the States or Eastern Canada (The only American Distributor I know of) will add a substantial amount to the cost of a splitter I already cannot afford.

So the question is: does anyone know of any dealers that sell good quality log splitters in Western Canada, or Northern Montana? I am looking at American and Timberwolf, possibly a Super Splitter, but would consider other splitters based on dealer location.

I have been burning wood to heat the house for three years. My first year I split all the wood with a maul and wedges. The second year I borrowed a home made log splitter from a neighbor and I could have split faster with the maul but it was less work to use the splitter. This past spring I got sucked into using a Stickler and am done with that as well. I don't think my back will ever be the same.

With all the threads on log splitters I would like to buy one of the best and cry once. The only problem is that getting something shipped from the States or Eastern Canada (The only American Distributor I know of) will add a substantial amount to the cost of a splitter I already cannot afford.

So the question is: does anyone know of any dealers that sell good quality log splitters in Western Canada, or Northern Montana? I am looking at American and Timberwolf, possibly a Super Splitter, but would consider other splitters based on dealer location.
Try Princess Auto.They have the Speeco Splitters, they used to sell some that were made for them that were actually made in Canada with a Honda Engine but I don't see them anymore.

Last edited:
Most farm equipment dealers around here sell some type of splitter, there's also TSC if you have one nearby.

As mentioned above go to Princess Auto and I see your in Saskatchewan sop go to Princess Auto in Calgary save the extra 5 % PST

Latest posts

Back