Where's AggieWoodButcher?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been wondering the same thing. Was reading a thread recently and seen he had chimed in and thought he was back , then I noticed the thread was old and had been brought back to the top.
Since the last time he posted he has still helped me though, when I was searching threads to find an answer to a problem I was having .:)

Folks come and go over the years as their lives and home/ situations/ commitments change. Some get tired of the same thing over and over. Some get more active in other forums or other sections of the forum and there is only so much time most of us have to sit in front of our computers. I jump on here at least once a day... it's easy, quick and I have access to several computers that will have AS up in 10 seconds... either at home or work, so no real big time commitment. It's something that breaks up time for a few minutes, and some of the content is still interesting to me. I don't think I chime in as often as I once did. For most of us this is not the only forum we visit. I actually belong to two other forums, one woodworking, and one a Shopbot CNC forum, but I don't post in either of them very often. First of all, don't have time to keep up with all the goings on in more than one forum, but mostly I use the other ones more as good information resources only. Especially the CNC forum... a wealth of info so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

My take... forums, like blogs or spending hours in chat rooms or just surfing the web for news or lots of other things computer related, can take over your life if you let them. Can someone be addicted to a particular forum or a chat room and spend more time than he/she should there? Definitely. There are countless documented marraiges/ relationships that have ended because of a forum or chat room. As for Aggie... who knows, maybe he just got busy or moved on to somewhere else... which is fine.

I was also just thinking about this miss him but hopefully he is doing very well maybe he is using some of the massive amount of wood he has stored up milling!! For now we will have to see him pop up on the archive which he has contributed to greatly he answered alot of my questions that I asked and was going to ask for that I am grateful!! Hopefully we will see him again soon but til then aggie hope your doing well! Thanks

He's probably slumped, spent and exhausted, over a huge pile of Pecan slabs... LOL Someone get that man some water and a sharp chain !

Ian

Well, hell folks. I didn't know you cared....:)

I moved a couple of months ago and things have been crazy. The hurricane didn't hit where I live now but it did take the roof off part of the barn where the slabs are stored. No major losses- just a big mess.

I haven't milled anything in quite a while but that should change soon. A lady contacted me with a 102 year old historic pecan tree that blew over as well as several other big trees.

I hope to be back to my old self before too long.

:cheers:

Awesome - he's back!!!!

Now that you are here, let me ask you a question about your nose clamps on your big mill. From memory you are using roller nose bars and a plastic disc grabbing point right in the middle of your - am I right? Also What brand(s) of bar are you doing this with?

Good to see you are still around.

I figured he was busy glad to see your still around!! Glad the storm didn't wreck too much of you stuff and you and your family are safe. I could also picture you stuck in a pile of pecan dust!! Hey at least you know were all thining about ya. Have a good weekend everyone happy milling! irishcountry P.S. BobL I think aggiewd had some pics of what your looking for under GB modifacations when he was fixing and changing some stuff on his mill I asked him a few questions about it and he refered me to that thread. Hope that helps for now take care

:givebeer: Good to hear you havn't assumed room temp :) 'Sorry to hear of your roof damage... never a good time to have to stop what you're doing to take care of things like that but glad it wasn't worse.

Awesome - he's back!!!!

Now that you are here, let me ask you a question about your nose clamps on your big mill. From memory you are using roller nose bars and a plastic disc grabbing point right in the middle of your - am I right? Also What brand(s) of bar are you doing this with?

Good to see you are still around.

They are GB roller nose bars and I made the prototype clamp pad from HDPE then later remade it in steel.

They are GB roller nose bars and I made the prototype clamp pad from HDPE then later remade it in steel.

Thanks Aggie - Sorry to ask another question, what diameter is the steel clamp pad?

I have just ordered a 60" GB roller and will be modding the BIL mill to suit this bar.

Oh, and good to hear you are are OK apart from the barn roof :(

Thanks Aggie - Sorry to ask another question, what diameter is the steel clamp pad?

I have just ordered a 60" GB roller and will be modding the BIL mill to suit this bar.

Oh, and good to hear you are are OK apart from the barn roof :(

Thanks.

I think it's 1" but not exactly sure. I'd measure it for you but it's still at my old place.

Back