Where's WYK been, and what trouble is he making?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I raised the exhaust more than I usually do - actually hoping to bleed off some compression. I also removed one of the piston rings. So, though she has more static compression, she is actually a bit easier to start, and she is very eager to rev. But I only had her test fired before I did that comp test. So dunno how she runs yet. I'll put a new handle on tomorrow. The piston was a pretty tight fit, but I have seen tighter, so I am curious to see how long it lasts with one ring. The bore is chrome plated - and thick. A lot of work to grind on it. So even if the piston starts to cause problems, I think I can clean it up and replace it.

Doubles up the Scandinavian shelf price. Do they have to smuggle that stuff to Ireland or what?

Doubles up the Scandinavian shelf price. Do they have to smuggle that stuff to Ireland or what?

YOu'd think by looking at the prices, yeah. The good news is old saws in good condition can sell well. So I fix up a few here on occasion and sell them off for some spare change to help make ends meet. I once managed to buy a 2165 for 250 euro, do a mild port job, add a new plug, add a hole to the muffler, removed a gasket and then sold it for 380 nearly the same day I put it up on the classifieds. Local farmer was very impressed with how it ran.

155290630.lEnR3jEz.jpg

Still chilling out here in Ireland. Splitting and bringing in wood to season and prepare for winter. This is most of the wood from clearing out a small hillside by one of the estate houses. Poor little 241...

161127243.ZKyDwtC9.jpg

161127244.cMCZyLyd.jpg

I trust the holidays have been treating you folks well? I know some of you have been having some terrible weather. We have, too. Storm after storm have hit us. We are at the foot of the Comeraghs mountain range, so the water has flooded every inch of our estate nearly. I have to put the tractor in 4X4 to simply get around in some places.

a5279483aacf61c3a29c3a7a7cb50e4bc321cd3415cdc55ba07658251c2de857.jpg d578067297528cce80821cc98b5c6678f19063390df09bc67e981c24d4cd4026.jpg ab9d324c087ac8106b3c78e276f5ee4661aa363bdb6f5f9c7cde4b1e0e91c924.jpg

More craziness. The bridge this starts at is 10 mins away from me. Two friends were forced to evacuate :( This video was done by a friend's son in law.

at about 1:00 you can see Slievenamon, the mountain in my video. To the right are the COmeraghs
2:04 is only a few minutes from us here
2:40 is our main bridge in to town.

Here's a vid I made on faceplaces

Looks like a tank blocking the road in the beginning? Serious business this flooding.

That, my friend, was a bridge. The first image is an engraved glass panel from the railing, which was quite apropos. This river, the Suir, floods often as it is between two mountains here(as well as two counties- Tipperary and Waterford). Yes, we put the "water" in Waterford, aka wasserfjord, an old Viking establishment.

Latest posts

Back