Which dealer will you buy from?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy from dealer #1, but I'm cheap.

Really, I'd ask dealer 2 why you should pay his higher price.

The only information you have so far is price. And based on all the information you have so far, buying from dealer number 2 would be a fallacy. (Because you don't have any reason in the world so far to believe that there any extra value to his higher price.)

Smart shopper, that question was asked and it was answered.

Depends on the extras--those Stihl hats seem to be pretty scarce and collectible. Seriously, what about the discussions about extras such as spare chains, oil, case, plugs, etc? And the tone of those discussions can be just as important as the prices, in light of future transactions.

He asked about extra's, I said take your 100.00 savings and buy your extra's.

Uh oh. Now you've gone and done it, lol. This goes back a long ways. Guess you missed out on that one. I think he refers to me as the Young Punk.

Im going to type that offencive word into a UK forum and see if it works! lol

Has it got anything to do with ms180 con rods:buttkick:

With the limited "Tommy" info provided, I'd say #1. But, yes his question is loaded......and we will wait patiently for the "rest of the story".

RD

Grrrr I thought someone would say dealer 2 at 929.95 durn it. I was dealer 2 at 929.95 and he did come back a week later and buy the saw at that price. I'm really trying to figure out what must have happened at dealer 1 that would cause this guy to pitch his 54.95 savings there and come to me. Anyone got any ideas?

Grrrr I thought someone would say dealer 2 at 929.95 durn it. I was dealer 2 at 929.95 and he did come back a week later and buy the saw at that price. I'm really trying to figure out what must have happened at dealer 1 that would cause this guy to pitch his 54.95 savings there and come to me. Anyone got any ideas?

Has he ever bought from you before, or know someone well that has?

Elvis fan?:monkey:

Dealer #1.

My dad had a similar situation when he bought his MS200T not too long ago. The dealer he goes to for all his Stihl/John Deere Mower/IH Tractor parts had an MS200 there, and so did another local (and much much smaller) dealer that he had never been to before. His usual dealer quoted him something like $40 under list (list being $620 IIRC). The other dealer quoted him $90 under list and threw in a 2nd RSC chain for nothing. His usual dealer told him there was no way he could touch that price. He bought the saw from the smaller dealer, and has now started going there for parts as well, in part because it's smaller and the gentleman that runs it seems more knowledgeable than the "jack-of-all-trades" guys they have at the larger dealer.

...could have just asked him.

Has he ever bought from you before, or know someone well that has?

Never seen the man in my life but he acted like he knew me somehow. He wasn't overbearing, seemed nice but not nice enough to swindle me down another $54.95. Shoulda sent his wife in to do that, hahaha

Got me a nice new Hitachi 18v impact all the way from the US cant wait to try that sucker out on a 180 clutch:greenchainsaw:

Ya better not let Teflon Tommy hear ya say that. He'll send the mob over there to straighten you out. He done tried to have my house burnt down! But I met them at the door with a hotrod Husky and scared them all off!!!

Ya better not let Teflon Tommy hear ya say that. He'll send the mob over there to straighten you out. He done tried to have my house burnt down! But I met them at the door with a hotrod Husky and scared them all off!!!

Its only 164 lbs/ft that wouldnt break anything:)
I think im safe with the 5000 miles or so seperating us:greenchainsaw:

Tough call, since customer service after the purchase is important also. Also depends if the saw will be a modded saw that voids the warranty anyway.

That's my thought. You go with dealer #1 @ $875.00 out the door and he never sees you again and you go to dealer #2 for service and he blackballs you because you didn't buy the saw there.

I would buy from dealer 1 with the info provided due to both dealers had a chance for there best price.

Maybe he has 20 dull chains that he is bringing in tomorrow for you to sharpen. He probably figured he would work that other $50+ out of ya.

Back