Which dealer will you buy from?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unless you know teh other dealer personally, the only way you will know is to ask the customer....
the difference is the feeling the customer got from both dealers,,,working for myself for the last 40 years, i never want to be the cheapest, rather, i want the customer to think i'll do teh best job....

just my opinion.....

Dealer #1.

My dad had a similar situation when he bought his MS200T not too long ago. The dealer he goes to for all his Stihl/John Deere Mower/IH Tractor parts had an MS200 there, and so did another local (and much much smaller) dealer that he had never been to before. His usual dealer quoted him something like $40 under list (list being $620 IIRC). The other dealer quoted him $90 under list and threw in a 2nd RSC chain for nothing. His usual dealer told him there was no way he could touch that price. He bought the saw from the smaller dealer, and has now started going there for parts as well, in part because it's smaller and the gentleman that runs it seems more knowledgeable than the "jack-of-all-trades" guys they have at the larger dealer.

Bingo, thats why he paid the 929.95. He told me the other guys wanted to sell the saw and get gone, gave him a price and thats that. Me, I talked saws with the man for over 45 minutes. That is the only reason I can think of that brought him back. Sometimes money and price tant everything, this shopper seemed to know it but he sure did try to get that $875.00 price, I gotta hand it to him..

unless you know teh other dealer personally, the only way you will know is to ask the customer....
the difference is the feeling the customer got from both dealers,,,working for myself for the last 40 years, i never want to be the cheapest, rather, i want the customer to think i'll do teh best job....

just my opinion.....

Another bingo,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Bingo, thats why he paid the 929.95. He told me the other guys wanted to sell the saw and get gone, gave him a price and thats that. Me, I talked saws with the man for over 45 minutes. That is the only reason I can think of that brought him back. Sometimes money and price tant everything, this shopper seemed to know it but he sure did try to get that $875.00 price, I gotta hand it to him..
The customer was'nt gay I hope. LOL

Maybe that and the fact that he liked you doo. Did you talk about your Gary Goo doo goo?

0 - 50 in how fast?

Tommy boy, you sure do have a knack for starting threads that grab an audience. 0 - 50 posts in about 30 minutes. Isn't that some kind of record? Thanks again for the fun read.

And as we all know, a shop that will talk saws for 45 minutes with a customer is so far ahead of a supermarket-style store there's really no choice as far as AS members are concerned.

I did the same thing when I bought my first Stihl (MS290). The dealer I bought from (and still do today) was about $50 higher on the saw. I never asked him why he was higher but he took about an hour out of his day going over every detail about the saw. That was before I even bought it.

Did ya give him a free hat?

No way, I gave him something more important, a promise. I told him if he has any trouble what so ever with the machine bring it back and most times repairs are done on the spot or within a day or so. He liked that, never asked for any extra's of anykind.

Thall is the other shop some dive or hole in the wall type of place, because I'll admit from the pics you have shown of your shop , if the other place was shady , I would buy from your shop.

Back