Which Grapple for Boxer 526?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut 2 Please

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Terra grapple root rake bucket on the Boxer. I am looking at the Ryan's, Beaver Squeezer, and Branch Manager grapples. They all have features I like and dislike. The Ryan's is built really well but only opens 40". The Beaver Squeezer is also built well and opens 54" but is the most expensive. The Branch Manager also is built well, is the most affordable, opens 46", has the rope bullard, and optional rake but only closes down to 7". The other two close down to 3". I would like to hear from those that have these grapples and get your oppinions. Also I can not decide on whether to get the hydraulic rotate or the free spinning. One company will say get it and the next will say it is not needed. I will be using it to feed my Morbark 2400. Large logs go in my dump truck using the the Boxer or if needed my A300.

Have you looked at the Vermeer miniskid grapple? I can't remember the opening/closing specs, but I've used it and Vermeer definately did their homework b4 building it.

Vermeers grapple itself is good, But their hanger keeps the arms of the loader higher in the air when carrying logs making your machine less stable (ck out yellowVermeer on Front Cover of TCI mag link below). Also there lack of a universal knuckle link would not be very conducive to feeding brush into a chipper efficiently.

FULL DISCLOSURE, I manufacture the Branch Manager Line of Mini Skid Attachments.

In defense of my grapples it also weighs the least, and picking up the occasional single 3or4" limb is not a problem because you can heel the butt between the log dogs which locks it in.

Dave www.branchmanager.us

toot my horn
Running a large Tree company for 26 years, I also like to think I think outside of the current attachment "Box" when it comes to practical treework and mini loaders.
Truth is treeguys have been requesting the same things I thought I thought of first . . . . me silly treeman

http://www.tcia.org/PDFs/TCI_MAG_March_07.pdf
Page 32

I think the Bmg is the way to go. Its lite enough to keep good capacity for the mini. I see no reason to have a rotator on the mini loader, its easy enough to bump it around and get it right where you want it. You don't need the 3 inch squeezing grip. You need to be moving large amounts of brush together to make up for the slow speed.

I have used the vermeer grapple and its not very good for feeding chippers.

I also have the BMG and have been happy with it. The rotator is a non issue, I thought it would be nessasary but after using it a few days became adept at bumping it lightly here or there to spin it.

The BMG was designed by a tree guy, for tree guys! I don't think even with a rotator you would have the precise control you would want. You learn how to manuver it very quickly and seldom do I have to step off the machine.

Back