Which has more power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshlw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Husqvarna 51 or 340, can,t really find the info I was looking for. Which has more power and better saw.
Thanks

That I couldn't tell you. I believe the 51 is a home owner saw and I don't know about the other. I used to have a 51 but didn't think it looked like the one in the pic. It's been awhile. I also had a 53 in that same time frame and may be confusing the two.

Ian

Edit... I had a 55 the second time.. it was a 53cc saw... that's where I got the 53 from.:dizzy:

Last edited:
Which is the better saw?
The51! but cant really say to be honest as how the 340 holds up? Just that from personal experience the 51 is a pretty good saw but not a flashy one.
I have to ask what the heck is that bug in the avatar? it looks like a creepy wasp of some kind.Dam I hate them things!

Baldface Hornet??

The51! but cant really say to be honest as how the 340 holds up? Just that from personal experience the 51 is a pretty good saw but not a flashy one.
I have to ask what the heck is that bug in the avatar? it looks like a creepy wasp of some kind.Dam I hate them things!

Is it a Baldface Hornet??

Is it a Baldface Hornet??
If it is a bald faced hornet he is much braver than I to catch and hold one! I have watched them fly and catch stuff in my back yard the hornets are twice as aggressive as the yellow jackets.As much as I don't like them I am fascinated by them.
Edit here cant tell by the pic but my hornets always seem to be at least 1'' long and definitely have a white face,and yes it hurts like hell when they sting you!

Last edited:
How does the 51 compare to the 350? When did the 51 get discontinued?

btw, I kinda thought the bug in my avatar was a yellowjacket, wife found her in the bag of lawn fertilizer and it was about dead.

Back