Which oil/gascaps are better?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what gas/oilcap do you prefer?

• oldstyle Stihl caps

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • newstyle Stihlcaps

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Husqvarna caps

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • Dolmar caps

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why not a high compession oil cap that I have heard about around here, it is probably something new we need to find more about. mine has the type that takes a screwdriver to get loose. also who puts these things in? I only used about 5 tanks of fuel and tried to check the oil and this darn cap would not come out. good thing I found it though, because it was out of oil. just in time I guess, after this I am going to check it every 3 or 4 tanks of gas.

I am hoping we are missing something here.

To my lawyer friend with my bestest regards

attachment.php

First you unlock.

Hey Tom that orange in the middle of that stihl cap, does it mean its not a pro cap? :hmm3grin2orange:

Never seen orange in the middle on the 361 I had. :cheers:

Hey Tom that orange in the middle of that stihl cap, does it mean its not a pro cap? :hmm3grin2orange:

Never seen orange in the middle on the 361 I had. :cheers:

LOLOL, not sure what that means. I'll give Stihl a call and find out for ya,LOL

I think its hilarious we got a cap arguing thread. Hell I wanna compare pull rope handles next, then maybe triggers and pull cord,LOL

The newer Husky caps are the best ones I have been into - but there is really nothing wrong with the new Stihl ones either......

Hey, hey...watch it with the Lord's name, choose another epithet please!
BTW...the new caps are ok once you get used to them and now they have range marks on them for us 'impaired' folks:dizzy:
Yeah but that is what they told pioneers about automobiles
and I still aint used to them things buzzin aroud here:laugh:
I probably could get used to the caps,it is the all in one choke bs switch that gets in my crawl,combined with the caps, just too dam fancy fer my liking! Its a saw not a space ship I don't want a rubix
cube I want a saw:laugh:

Last edited:
The new Stihl caps gave me trouble. I used always overfill the oil tank and crammed the cap on. The new caps always leaked oil until this one. A total of four oil caps in less than year. Two caps just leaked and one just fell apart.
All caps were original Stihl, but the last one seems to be a lot stouter and easier to lock,, or maybe I have just figured them out.:cheers:

ive never had any problems with the new caps i use the stihl auto stop fillers so i cant really overfill, so much easier than unscrewing petrol can tops as long as i remember to un-presurise the cans on hot days but thats not much of a problem in scotland:cry:

Yeah I've got an auto fill spout too...its fine for the gas but the oil spout is a normal one so overfilling the oil tank is easy to do.
With the flippy caps if you overfill the oil tank you are way more likeley to have trouble getting it to seat properly and popping off when you pick up the saw. Glloooopppppp.
At least the screw cap would just force out the extra oil and seat in properly if you overfilled the oil tank.

I dont have any problems with the al in one choke...

Yeah but that is what they told pioneers about automobiles
and I still aint used to them things buzzin aroud here:laugh:
I probably could get used to the caps,it is the all in one choke bs switch that gets in my crawl,combined with the caps, just too dam fancy fer my liking! Its a saw not a space ship I don't want a rubix
cube I want a saw:laugh:

LOL....

If you are having trouble with the cap technology..Just wait...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYOhnUaodz0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYOhnUaodz0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

why not a high compession oil cap that I have heard about around here, it is probably something new we need to find more about. mine has the type that takes a screwdriver to get loose. also who puts these things in? I only used about 5 tanks of fuel and tried to check the oil and this darn cap would not come out. good thing I found it though, because it was out of oil. just in time I guess, after this I am going to check it every 3 or 4 tanks of gas.
:bang: :dizzy: :cry: :help:
Just walk away...

I really hope this is a joke!

When you are out of gas, you should be just about out of oil!

High compression oil cap???????

5zpm8ed.jpg

I am hoping we are missing something here.

:greenchainsaw::biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

So do I, Witchys 5100 is leaking both gas and oil - worst caps I have been into.........:cheers: :cheers:

Jonseredsjonny ordered some from Bailey's and put them on his 7300. I think I'll do the same. It seems to take twice the force to get them off, then when you put them on. Tho I haven't had any leaking issues.

Latest posts

Back