Which one will it be?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Husky 372 is for work. The rest are for competition use only and are exempt. They can have them when they agree to stop all other forms of motorsport, too.

I would keep my EHP 7900 :chainsawguy:and I'll give my 5100 to my son.

When they add Guns to the list, I don't have any!! They scare me!

Last edited:
I would have to keep my 5100, hopefully i would be allowed to have 2 bars 18 and 20 for it...

even more so when the only reason you cut is for fun

I pretend to cut for good reasons, but it always is for fun.

That's why, in spite of my Husky leanings, I went for the 076. Had a chance to use the 42" bar on an oak tree that needed it a couple of weeks ago. Amazing what a bone-stock saw can do when it has 111ccs turning the chain!

Now if I can just find the time to get the ripping chain on that bar and start milling those big logs...

I find guns a lot less scary when you put a suppressor on em:
medium.jpg

Well, less scary-sounding, if not less scary-looking. Certainly are quieter than the chainsaws.

I think I may have changed my mind after last week.

I worked my 5100 pretty hard cutting 18-20'' Hedge and it did a great job, not as fast as the 7900 but I still got a lot of wood in a short time with a less weight.

I found a practically new 488 Shindaiwa that will go with my 5100 and just used the 7900 when I have to take down large trees.

I find guns a lot less scary when you put a suppressor on em:
medium.jpg

Well, less scary-sounding, if not less scary-looking. Certainly are quieter than the chainsaws.

I wish suppressors where common place, a lot of people think if you have one your up to no good.

I just don't want to deal with the legalities and cost of owning one.

I would bet my neighbors would appreciate not hearing a loud bang at 3:00 am when predators visit my chicken pen.

My neighbors don't tremble in fear when they hear a report, and neither do I.
Heck I bet about every neighbor within a mile has a firearm in there house or vehicle or person at any given time. No problems just responible people.

046.Its not my most used saw at the moment by any stretch.the 026 is. I`d just get a wider variety of bars.No, as you were, i`ve got 18,25,28", so its well sorted.:good:

Latest posts

Back