which one....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which 1..... dont know yet

• Husqvarna 372xp

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Husqvarna 576xp auto tune

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Stihl MS 441 cm

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Makita 7900

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geal

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
iv boiled it down to these saws but still havent decided.... which one would you guys perfer...

372XP - Great saw with great power, screams once modded, simple to work on
MS441 - Great saw with great power, mods well, a pain to work on
576XP - Never run one
7900 - Can't get over the rev limited coil, hate 'em
MS440 - The one you forgot. Best saw in class with a ported 460 topend. Simple to work on and a proven performer. Also lighter than the rest.

372XP - Great saw with great power, screams once modded, simple to work on
MS441 - Great saw with great power, mods well, a pain to work on
576XP - Never run one
7900 - Can't get over the rev limited coil, hate 'em
MS440 - The one you forgot. Best saw in class with a ported 460 topend. Simple to work on and a proven performer. Also lighter than the rest.

to be honest i use a 372xp and i owned a 440 and i perferd the 440... my brother owned a 460 which was a great runner and didnt see much different only in he bigger timber i just want to move on and tryout modren saws....

I know the 7900 is cheaper, but I and many others love the 372XP. There is no comparison, definitely my pick hands down

I have to go with the 7900, nothing wrong with the others, I like the price of the 7900 and the feel of it. I'm saving up for one myself.

Geal

Take a look at the thread "New 2171" by mdavlee. Thats should really help you decide. I know you didnt have the 2171 listed, but maybee that was because you werent too familair with Jonsered. IMO, I think you should research the situation a little further to include a 2171. You no doubt have all the best saws that I know of. Actually, I know of where an NOS Stihl MS440 is at if you are going to go with Stihl. If so, just shoot me a pm. Hope that helps.:)

Take a look at the thread "New 2171" by mdavlee. Thats should really help you decide. I know you didnt have the 2171 listed, but maybee that was because you werent too familair with Jonsered. IMO, I think you should research the situation a little further to include a 2171. You no doubt have all the best saws that I know of. Actually, I know of where an NOS Stihl MS440 is at if you are going to go with Stihl. If so, just shoot me a pm. Hope that helps.:)

thanks for the info will sure have a look as i have never used a jonserd... thanks

Latest posts

Back