which one....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which 1..... dont know yet

• Husqvarna 372xp

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Husqvarna 576xp auto tune

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Stihl MS 441 cm

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • Makita 7900

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I own more Stihls than I do anything else. 009 to an 090, and I got the hankerin' for a 372xpw a while back and bought one.
Couldnt be happier, no really. I still cant get over this saw... I havent been this happy over a piece of equipment in a long long time if ever. Absolutely love that saw, and like hillbilly said- they are out there, just might have to look for them a bit.
The Dolmar is a fine saw as well. Ive ran the 7900, and own the 6401 (Makita) and no doubt, msrp to msrp they are the best deal out there for the money.
441 doesnt feel right in my paws, would only snag one if the price was dirt cheap and needed another saw.
My choice for a 70-80cc saw? 372xpw, and wouldnt change that answer for anything.

I was recently asking a very similar question myself! I haven't used the other saws, but I recently bought a 7901 on the advice of some people who know a lot more about saws than me & I couldn't be happier! I was thinking MS660 or MS460, but was pointed towards the Makita & am very glad I was. I saved about $650 too (about 455 quid on today's exchange rates!)

Is it the best of the bunch? Dunno!

But it is a hell of a saw! Cut's up big gum trees no effort! It's also very light.

I own more Stihls than I do anything else. 009 to an 090, and I got the hankerin' for a 372xpw a while back and bought one.
Couldnt be happier, no really. I still cant get over this saw... I havent been this happy over a piece of equipment in a long long time if ever. Absolutely love that saw, and like hillbilly said- they are out there, just might have to look for them a bit.
The Dolmar is a fine saw as well. Ive ran the 7900, and own the 6401 (Makita) and no doubt, msrp to msrp they are the best deal out there for the money.
441 doesnt feel right in my paws, would only snag one if the price was dirt cheap and needed another saw.
My choice for a 70-80cc saw? 372xpw, and wouldnt change that answer for anything.

Seriously though, I know exactly what ya mean. It is just really,really fun to run it. Can't explain it. But I've said before, at mine and mdavlee's mini gtg we had a new 660,395,390,576,5105 and pops21 041 & I kept picking up that 372 way more than any other saw. To me, it a fun light weight hot-rod.

372XP - Great saw with great power, screams once modded, simple to work on
MS441 - Great saw with great power, mods well, a pain to work on
576XP - Never run one
7900 - Can't get over the rev limited coil, hate 'em.

Well said except the 7900 part. Can't say I hate them but can't bring myself to buy one. Love my 044 wayyyyyy to much and a new 440 would be next in line.:clap:

MS440 - The one you forgot. Best saw in class with a ported 460 topend. Simple to work on and a proven performer. Also lighter than the rest.

There ya go, you don't need any other choices with that one.:D

If you can find a new 440 grab it, otherwise 372 all the way.

Like I said I'm not a fan of limited coils, but on a stock saw it's a non issue. With a 7900 you don't need to port and or add a new altered top end to get it to run like a modern saw should. All you need to do with a new 7900 is, open the box, put a B&C on it and go cut wood like it's a 90cc saw. You can't say the same about the 440, 441, 460 or 272. Can you? This is the 7900's calling card, and this really can't be debated with any level headed saw nut.

This is not to say the other saws are inferior, but for the money, power, quality and durability, it's a pretty easy choice. The only advantage the other saws have IMHO, is their dealer network, which means little to me.:cheers:

Voted 7900. I ran 44's for over ten years and loved the saws, but they are simply getting impossible to find around here. Decided to give the Dolmar a try 3yrs ago, and couldn't be happier. Great power, light weight, dependable, good price.....what more could a guy ask for?

everyone talking about this 372xpw is there a different between this one and the 372xp i now bit more cc's but that about what else makes it so WOW compeard, and also do they sell them here in the uk as they still make the 372xp in the uk....

Latest posts

Back