Which Outside Wood Burner to Buy--Shaver?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLETCHER thanks for the input.

I'm really confused about to use or not to use a heat plate. If you do not use an exchanger you have to run the owb's circulator 24/7. Any one else have some input on the hook up to the oil boiler? And what size plate to use?

LT..

I'm really confused about to use or not to use a heat plate. If you do not use an exchanger you have to run the owb's circulator 24/7. Any one else have some input on the hook up to the oil boiler? And what size plate to use?

LT..

Oil boilers are closed systems, OWB's are open systems. All that oxygen introduced in to your home heating system could cause lots of problems.

LT..

I'm on the 4th year with my c.b.plumbed in direct to my wells-mcclain boiler in the house and have no problems and don't have to worry about heat exchanger plugging up due to hard water.in just about any system,t6he owb circulator will run 24/7

I bought the CB's rust enhibiter. Will this keep the oxegen out of the house pipes?

I have a Taylor T-500CB its going on it's seventh year! This is their 37th year making the stoves. No problems with it. Its has more than paid for itself, as far as the the care of it goes you drain the water jacket ounce a year and put two Quarts of chemical and a Anode rod in it and you're set! I've seen a LOT of them that are from 15 to 30 years old that still work great! God luck with your purchase! Kalib

I live in Northeastern PA, and I've been researching this for about a month and after looking at Taylor, Crown Royal, Hawkins, Central Boiler, Mahoning, I just ordered a Shaver 165. I felt good about the decision based on their fair price, and design...thickness of steel, round firebox, grates, ashpan, blower underneath fire, etc. However, last night I read a post from someone who said he saw the shaver in person and they looked poorly made. This is a big decision for us and I don't want to make a mistake! Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated especially any input from people who own a Shaver. Thank you!!!

Back