Which owb pump you guys recommend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madspeed

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking at my soon to be install of a Heatmaster SS Outdoor Wood Burner and looking at obtaining the rest of my parts. Which pump is recommended? I only need one for my setup, guy selling likes the Bell & Gossett PL36 along with the flanges/valves. Any thoughts?? BTW, he wants $218 for the setup. Seen some guys with taco pumps but I believe they are cooled by the water which I've heard can eventually lead to bearing failure, no the case with this B&G cause its axternally cooled.

Thanks in advance!!

I would go with the B&G. I had a TACO 007 go bad (under warranty) when I needed it the most. I now have a PL36 for two years now with no problems at all. :clap: :clap:

I know multiple people using Taco pumps for years trouble free. I was undecided so I a bought a grunfos and a taco I am putting in two loops. Bought mine at PEXsupply.com for aproximetely $80 each and they are three speed pumps.

thanks for all the great feedback and info. I love this site!! I'll post pics of my install when I get started!

Taco

I use Taco 009 with brass cartridges (can replace cartridge only for $119) have 6 total in my system and all have been trouble free.

I was afraid of TACO due to reputation but my dealer talked me into them. He says they had some troubles years ago but all fixed. Also said that pump troubles he sees are all either miss applied or are not the correct materials for the duty. Mine are brass/brass and two years old. Lots of the cheapo pump sellers on Ebay are selling castiron body/plastic impeller pumps. They will not last long as boiler circulators according to him.

Back