Which saw for CSM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whut about my 7900?

I know it's on the smallish end of the scale for milling, but I got it at a pawn shop for $200. Needed a mounts and a bar, and slobbers like heck, but runs strong--verified by local redsaw dealer/racer.

And I won't be getting into really big stuff. My ridge was logged 20 years ago and the biggest stuff in there is Poplar.

I know it's on the smallish end of the scale for milling, but I got it at a pawn shop for $200. Needed a mounts and a bar, and slobbers like heck, but runs strong--verified by local redsaw dealer/racer.

And I won't be getting into really big stuff. My ridge was logged 20 years ago and the biggest stuff in there is Poplar.

There is no reason why your 7900 wouldnt be a good saw for milling. Ive used a 60 cc saw quite a bit for softwoods and a few small diameter hard woods. A little slow but it got the job done.

064/084

It's pretty rare to see anything bigger than a 440 in my area, so I've been watching Ebay for a while. I've noticed quite a few 064s and 084s being offered.
Is there any difficulty finding parts for these older saws? If I can find parts, an older "project saw" seems like a good way to go.

Hey everyone. So I was contacted by a reputable dealer about a reconditioned 395XP they had used as a back up rental for about a year. Got it for about $500 after the exchange rate from Canada. Can't get here soon enough! Then again, I need to dislodge my logs from the frozen mess we just got over the last 2 days first!

Still, my empty MKIII sure looks lonely!

I'll make sure I post my thoughts after putting it through its paces when it gets here!

Latest posts

Back