Which saw should I buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean, like this one?

attachment.php

Actually I am selling it... brand new too, never used it.

I only use:

Gary's Own Oil

Developed and manufactured exclusively in the PNW by GASoline71, Inc.

50:1 unless I have had too many beers. Then maybe 45:1 or 55:1. It depends.

Get a Dolmar.........it'll make the Stihl's nervous:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Well, around these parts the sheep are nervous. And DOLTmar dealers are impossible to find. I have posted several AS threads in my quest to find a Dolmar dealer in the 2nd largest metropolitan center of the PNW that actually has any Dolmar saws in stock. None (and I mean zero) have the likes of a 5100s on any shelves, they never heard of a 420, and the 7900s all went the way of the buffalos. They are back-ordered, and the distributor is back-ordered. I hear that parts are as bad or worse to get around here (and seemingly in other places as well). I have had a LOT of private messages about how crappy being a Dolmar dealer is and how impossible it is to get saws and parts. I even went as far to contact the distributor to find out about becoming a dealer myself. No thanks. So Dolmar is out. Husky is also out becasue I absolutely HATE outboard clutches on chainsaws (yes, I am selling my Stihl 020AV for that same reason as well).

So, its back to the original question:

Do I buy a

Stihl

or a

Stihl?

Last edited:
I had supply issues as well, I'm still waiting on 2 420s and a 5100-20", because my supplier sent massive amounts of saws to the Texas area to help with clean up. That's why there have been supply issues on certain saws. Other issues may be that people simply aren't carrying them, which is silly. I run into supply issues on a daily basis in my motor shop, I just narrowly avoided having to drive 5 1/2 hours tonight, then turning around and driving another 7 hours tomorrow, due to supply issues.

I suppose Stihl didn't send many saws down that way because people needed to get wood cut, because guys with Stihls just stand around and pat each other on the back. :greenchainsaw:

Hahahahaha :popcorn:

I had supply issues as well, I'm still waiting on 2 420s and a 5100-20", because my supplier sent massive amounts of saws to the Texas area to help with clean up. That's why there have been supply issues on certain saws. Other issues may be that people simply aren't carrying them, which is silly. I run into supply issues on a daily basis in my motor shop, I just narrowly avoided having to drive 5 1/2 hours tonight, then turning around and driving another 7 hours tomorrow, due to supply issues.

I suppose Stihl didn't send many saws down that way because people needed to get wood cut, because guys with Stihls just stand around and pat each other on the back. :greenchainsaw:

Hahahahaha :popcorn:

JT,

Yep, yep, you got that right!

The Stihl gang is prone to do a few backslaps after we get finished cutting all the wood.

Thanks for the compliment,

Joat

Stihl 026?

Well, I am thinking of getting a Stihl 026 'semi-pro' model saw. Semi-pro means it has the clear gas tank, adjustible oiler, and fully adjustible carb. Only PRO feature missing is the decomp button, which on this saw may not be needed (though I wish the 290 had one). :monkey: :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back