Which saw would you keep?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstare

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok so right now I have a 394xp that I use for milling. I have picked up a few saws for good prices that needed a little work and all saws are running well now. I have a Husqavarna 371xp and a 365 as well as I have a Stihl 028 AV Wood Boss. I can't make up my mind on which one to keep as a second saw to the 394xp.

My main use for the second saw would be for trimming logs to length for milling and limbing branches if necessary. My family also has a cabin at a lake and there is always firewood cutting to do up at the cabin and so that will be it's other use. I know the 365 is the newest saw by far.

What would you keep? It would be interesting to hear some opinions from others.

What about the 390s?

At the moment those saws aren't running, they are saws I am fixing at the moment so I don't know what I will do with those in the end. I will probably keep at least one as a back up milling saw until I can find another 394 or a bigger 3120 for milling.

If I had my own property and something to use them for more then I would keep them but financially it doesn't make sense when I m trying to out money away for a house. Will buy more saws when the need is there.

If I had my own property and something to use them for more then I would keep them but financially it doesn't make sense when I m trying to out money away for a house. Will buy more saws when the need is there.

I now live on a golf course in an upscale neighborhood and no longer heat with wood. No reason for me to own 350 chainsaws but I do...

Your sig says yer 365 is a project saw soon to be modified. Which one? Pre-EPA, Special or x-torq? It's yer newest, can wear a 16" up to 28," and 32" after modification, even if you only do the simple transfer cover grind (if it's an x-torq). That'd certainly be my choice for such a two-saw plan, but as yer milling, dunno that I wouldn't want a little more backup. Maybe more like a 3-saw plan.

Your sig says yer 365 is a project saw soon to be modified. Which one? Pre-EPA, Special or x-torq? It's yer newest, can wear a 16" up to 28," and 32" after modification, even if you only do the simple transfer cover grind (if it's an x-torq). That'd certainly be my choice for such a two-saw plan, but as yer milling, dunno that I wouldn't want a little more backup. Maybe more like a 3-saw plan.

I have a 390xp that I am fixing for a backup saw to my 394xp. I have the 365 in stock form right now, it runs perfect but if I keep it I will be doing a woods port and muffler mod to wake it up. It's not an x-torq and it is pre-EPA.

Latest posts

Back