Which saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Choice bro thriftdrifter. ;) A very good choice.
Pitty they don't sell them in red anymore out here in the colonies.
I think i've only ever heared good things about these 6100's. Sounds like Dolmar got it rite first time. Do they have any known weaknesses?

Choice bro thriftdrifter. ;) A very good choice.
I think i've only ever heared good things about these 6100's. Sounds like Dolmar got it rite first time. Do they have any known weaknesses?
The only negative I can come up with are pretty remedial. Like the bucking spikes could be a little smaller. From my understanding is only a USA model thing.
And ........ um ........ it takes for ever to run through a whole tank of fuel. It has fantastic fuel efficiency.
I got six months of good use and I that is the worst I got. It still impresses me every time how easy it is to start and how hard it runs and yet is so smooth.

LOL. Love the colonies reference!

I thought you guys were taking the piss regarding the saw mitt! Anyone use them? How do they find them? The bro got one cause he's mostly bucking with that saw.

He put it in some wood yesterday evening, streets ahead of the husky440. (smile on his dial)

Any advice on running it in? How to? How long? Does a saw make more power after being run in? If so is it much?

I believe some nut said something about running 10 tanks of gas through it, so as to break it in better, all in a row, as in the same day. Only problem is, that would be cutting up a LOT of wood, and sharping chains like nobodys business. Unless you just wanna buy 5 chains to be able to quick swap, and worry about sharpening later. That's still gonna be probably 25-40 min a tank, so you're talking maybe a 6 hour project. All while using a chainsaw about twice as powerful, and a bit heavier than the husky.

So, you probably wouldn't be able to lift your arms past neck height for maybe half a week. lol!

You can't run 10 tanks in a row through that saw in a 24 hour period. It just goes and goes on a tank of fuel.
As far as break in I just ran mine hard in some hard wood. Gave it a minute in between cuts and just back to wot buried in oak and hickory.
It just keeps getting angrier and angrier.

The 6100 is just so much better suited for the task at hand, awesome.

And the confidence that it is a good product and money well spent, Priceless.

Only issue so far is that after cutting a cookie, the saw won't always idle and cuts out, and needs a restart, bro adjusted the idle but it still seems to be happening. Any advice?

But starting it is a breeze!

Mine had a stall rite after load or coming off throttle while under load. I hope that makes sense. And it worked it self out. When I asked my dealer he suggested richening the low needle a bit. But before I did it went away.
After I switched from 50:1 -40:1 a slight hesitation showed up and that stumble right off of wot under load. This time I richened the low needle and that fixed it.

The 6100 is just so much better suited for the task at hand, awesome.

And the confidence that it is a good product and money well spent, Priceless.

Only issue so far is that after cutting a cookie, the saw won't always idle and cuts out, and needs a restart, bro adjusted the idle but it still seems to be happening. Any advice?

But starting it is a breeze!

My setup is MUCH better. The Husky is a 445(no cat) 18 inch bar, and the 6100 is Orange and says Dolmar. ;)

Yeah I rekon the Dolmar Orange looks better too.:(

Well, it terrorizes squirrels for an extra 15-16 feet away. The sprocket star end of the makita just sort of hypnotizes them. lol! Which may have its advantages, depending on if or not you want to see how high a squirrel bounces when its tree slams into the ground. :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back