Which would you rather buy???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What saw would you leave with???

• Total voters
Yup, the 7900 can beat down a 440 and 441. I've ran some quick 7900s and prefer the 440. That would be about the only saw to compete with the 440 for weight and power. The poll has spoken on who would choose over the 440/441. "Not half the saw of the 372, 441 and 7900"? LOL 7900, yes. The other two, not so much. If you think it takes a 460 p&c to make a 440 run, you haven't ran a good 440. The 440 has a following for a reason, didn't get it overnight either.:cheers:

You must not have run a good 372!

The 440 has a following for a reason, didn't get it overnight either.:cheers:
I agree the 441 will in do time as well.

Yup, the 7900 can beat down a 440 and 441. I've ran some quick 7900s and prefer the 440. That would be about the only saw to compete with the 440 for weight and power. The poll has spoken on who would choose over the 440/441. "Not half the saw of the 372, 441 and 7900"? LOL 7900, yes. The other two, not so much. If you think it takes a 460 p&c to make a 440 run, you haven't ran a good 440.

I've ran some truly hot 440's, and they are a fine saw, but outdated. Believe it or not I'm not really into modded saws that much, I've always felt that if it's not the way I want it from the factory, I usually don't buy it.

I'm simply not someone that gets stuck on one brand and only one brand, I try and buy the best period. A lot of people get stuck on one name and that's it. I can't tell you how many Chevy guys cars and trucks I've worked on over the years, or how many times I've taken them to the auto parts store in a vehicle that's twice the age of their wonderful Chevy's.:sword: Yet they still love the things, and stand buy them. Now what is it they say. Repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.:)

We all know that Stihl will win any poll on AS, every time simply because it's the best known name and nothing more.:cheers:

I seen 2 new 440s today on the shelf. Here's pictures for proof. I din't try to make a deal on them but if anyone is interested I will check.

440.jpg

440s.jpg

$750 with 18" bar on that one and the other didn't have a tag. The bad thing is they will charge 9.75 tax on it also.

I agree the 441 will in do time as well.

I've ran some truly hot 440's, and they are a fine saw, but outdated. Believe it or not I'm not really into modded saws that much, I've always felt that if it's not the way I want it from the factory, I usually don't buy it.

I'm simply not someone that gets stuck on one brand and only one brand, I try and buy the best period. A lot of people get stuck on one name and that's it. I can't tell you how many Chevy guys cars and trucks I've worked on over the years, or how many times I've taken them to the auto parts store in a vehicle that's twice the age of their wonderful Chevy's.:sword: Yet they still love the things, and stand buy them. Now what is it they say. Repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.:)

We all know that Stihl will win any poll on AS, every time simply because it's the best known name and nothing more.:cheers:

I for the life of me don't know what the hell you're talking about:monkey:

$750 with 18" bar on that one and the other didn't have a tag. The bad thing is they will charge 9.75 tax on it also.

$779.00 for a 441 w/16" setup in my neck o' the woods which seems to be the norm.

Power head only is $694.00.

So did ya sell your 440 and move to TN today, er what?

Confused minds need to know these details.:cheers:

Poge

I moved about a month ago. I forgot to change my location. Yes I sold my used 440 today. I was out running around and seen these at a dealer. I've only got the 045 left to get rid of to be stihl free.

Aren't Fords easier to mow around though?

With the right mower, yeah.

Speakin' o' Fords, there's a guy up my way with a Ford chainsaw on CL. Not exactly a TransCamaro with an eagle on the hood, but an interesting piece any way ya look at it -- especially since this thread was about what? -- and why?

Ford chainsaws rule!!! Chevy chainsaws suck!!!

There. I said it. Deal with it.

As you were, gentlemen.:cheers:

:chainsaw:

Poge

Outstanding. LOL!!!

So now what? TroyBilt vs. DR?

Hell ya. Bring it boys.

(I'm a Mantis guy, myself. But all you Big Boys have probably figured that out by now.):hmm3grin2orange:

Poge

I'll put that up against my Yardboss any time, any day.....(had 'em side by side, and the Mantis was Lacking, large)

Back