Which would you run in your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go with the higher octane. You should not have any problems if you run it out of the saw in a reasonable amount of time.

Gas and eroil.

I have caught enough crap mentioning what my saws burn.

I run 93 non ethanol all the time. I may run some 40 fuel in the 655 since its supposed to last longer. I have a lot of stations to pick up 87-93 non ethanol at close by.

I run 93 non ethanol all the time. I may run some 40 fuel in the 655 since its supposed to last longer. I have a lot of stations to pick up 87-93 non ethanol at close by.

Mike, I believe this was the 1st time I've ever ran gas w/ethanol. Hasnt hurt anything. But 99% of the time I get the good 93 non-ethanol in Tennessee.

I would just run gas and not let it sit around too long, run my saws dry and not worry about it. It's pretty simple actually...

I would just run gas and not let it sit around too long, run my saws dry and not worry about it. It's pretty simple actually...

Right. Thats the way I feel about it as well. Ya know, unless a person has reasonable access to non ethanol gas. I believe this was discussed at length once before and it was the concensus that ethanol gas was fine as long as it didnt set around for a long time. Actually Stihl Ultra has a stabilizer in it I believe. Theres always stabil as well.

Latest posts

Back