who are we???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 33 married (round 2) with a 3 year, live in coastal CT. I work full time as a 911 dispatcher and part time as and EMT. I serve the tiny town I live in as Training officer of the FD, and Emergency Management Director. I grew up in a house, where we heated exclusively with wood, gardened our vegetables, and hunted plenty of deer. I continue to heat with wood as much as I can in a rental, and haven't done so well gardening (the deer the landlord won't let me shoot seem to love the plants).
I will continue to heat with wood as much as I can to keep the tradition alive, as well as I love to be self sufficient. Given the opportunity I'd get a shack out in the woods with an OWB and a small windmill and go completely off the grid.
I think I have the wife convinced that it's finally time to leave the tax-me-to-death state and move to Maine, closer to her family camp, then piece at a time I can enact my off the grid out of government radar solution, where I can live a simpler life, the way it used to be (sadly before my time).

43 soon, lovely wife of 2 years, 3 grown step kids, 4 grandchildren, 11 horses, 6 dogs, 2 cats, chickens, geese, and ducks. We both work as RNs to support our animals. We bought a wood burning furnace for the basement and a small airtight for the living room 2 years ago when our propane bill doubled. Prior to that I heated my first house with exclusively wood (had electric baseboard $$$) and Mom and Dad had a small stove to heat their addition. Absolutely love being in the woods with the saws, luckily my FIL has 180 acres within 2 miles of us. Currently my step son (who lives on that property and just bought his first saw and stove) are working on cleaning up the mess left by some less than professional loggers my FIL hired 3 years ago. Love reading the boards here on ArboristSite, I don't post alot, prefer to read and learn. Y'all be safe.

26, single, work full time and then some at an apartment complex, 1400 unit, also have the emergency standby position, which eats at my free time considerably, if you see it or touch it, or it holds the building up, i fix it, structural, drywall, plumbing ,eletrical, heating and a/c... i do $65/hr work for $11/hr. i should turn it down but they give me a 2bed apartment for free :/ Jan 13th i roll over my 6 full years, and 3 weeks paid vacation. yay.

when i get a chance, at my parents place, ususally in the shop cutting or welding something together, if not, word of mouth gets around and i'm probably rebuilding a engine or transmission for someone.

if i'm stuck on standby, ususally ####in' around on my network at my apt doing something nerdish, in no particular order, linux, freebsd, openbsd, php, c#, perl, experimenting with bridging, firewalling, pf, scripts, databasing, vpn, encryption, the list continues....

3 houses, 120 acres, all owned cut and clear, no mortgage, reason i'm busting ass to fix things taken care of for when it gets handed down to the brother and i.

my aim is to nab some income properties so i can quit my deadend job, and make enough revenue so it'll pay for some college and food, taxes on the 120, while enjoying more of my free time, which is doing what i WANT.

oh right, takes thousands in propane to heat everything, so eventually i'd like to have a goliath OWB, but also not blow $20,000 on it.

IF i lived as close to cherokee lake and douglas lake as you do I would make time to go.Two awesome bass fishing lakes...

You wanna know what is sad?I live friggin ON douglas lake. Took a swim a time or two when I was to muddy for the shower, but have yet to drop a line in it.

My day, evening or night job, depending on the week is as a correctional officer at a small county jail. I also farm about 600 acres in SW minnesota.

Back