Who has become a weather nut too?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went out to load the boiler this morning at 7AM, last load was at 9PM last night. 1* out, from reading this forum that temp is normal for many areas, but it's damn cold here! 73* inside though :) Think I'll be filling the boiler three times today.

me not so much with weather reports but my indoor outdoor thermometer every one thinks im rainman always checking the temps and also checking my vent temps and temps coming out of stove into duct. but i now know the old saying is true that its coldest before the sun comes up. maybe i should start keeping a log by the bed just in case anyone needs to know :popcorn:

Last edited:
Weather has been the same all week here, -30 to -50 actual air temps and no end in sight. Glad the wife is at home to keep feeding the wood stove. She brings the rounds in the house and splits with our electric splitter, I come home 14 hours later to a hot meal and even hotter stove. Next week she'll be back to work and I'll be off. It will be my turn to enjoy hot totties by the stove. :)

As for the forecast? Maybe I'll check it again next week. :popcorn:

Guess i've been a "weather nut" for a log time. That's how i've always planed my days off from work is by the forecast. Now that you brought it up maybe I'm even "Nutter" :dizzy: than i thought.

I keep an eye on the forecast but the best tool I use is the weather radar. Our area gets hit with streamers off Lake Huron and they are sometimes very intense and isolated. This helps more with travel plans than running the owb but it gives you a heads up on what is coming. Having high speed internet now we can quickly check the radar anytime. I even use it in the summer time to determine if I should call off the kids ball game or if the rain is going to miss us.

Latest posts

Back