Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a fire in the woodstove going right now, nearly every night, maybe till Memorial Day, unless the world ends on the 21st. :msp_w00t:

stop burning

finally stop burning.i have never burned so much kindling.k

it is cool enough here that i started a fire when i got home this afternoon and will keep it burning through the night

the forecast has me thinking that i will be stoking it up before i leave tomorrow morning as well

Lit one tonight, sitting by it now enjoying a cold beverage. WiFi works good at 50 yards out at the fire pit!

First recreational outdoor fire this year, and hopefully the chimney will remain cold till fall now. I reserve the right to light up again if needed however...

Still burning here, had a fire the last 3 days. More cold weather in the forecast right into next week too. Soon I'll be dipping into next years wood.

For anyone still burning (2 sticks of hemlock in the box now here), this is why it's worthwhile to haul the occasional load of pine, spruce, or punk hardwood. Ideal for fires when it;s 38ish to 55 or so.

!@#%#!#$!!!!!!!

So first fire in a week. 50º outside and ain't going up today.

Kindling is out in the truck (under the cap), so I put my boots on, went and checked on the garden, just as I start to get the kindling out a downpour starts.

I'm in a tee shirt. Pouring as I get a big piece out of the misfit pile on the deck. Pouring as I get some wood of the main pile on the deck. Light the fire. Turn around, the downpour has stopped.

How did I manage to have that timing?

Still burning.
Was 31 this morning at 6:00AM
With new baby in house gotta keep the house in the mid 70's.
The mid to upper 60's will not do.

I burn year-round for hot water so yeah, I am still burning. However, it was in the low 30's when I got up this morning so I was glad the OWB was still flaming. I will be happy when it heats up though, and my wood stop vanishing as such fast rate.

Lit it up again...

We were in the 80s last week. Yesterday and today, it won't break 50, with upper 30s for lows. Rain and cold for the rest of this week too, so I just fired up the stove again.

What happened to spring this year??? :msp_confused: :msp_thumbdn:

Back