Who lives in MN?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came from them as well. We're on the 3rd Suzuki machine here. No major complaints with them, just a few little problems.

Think you might make the GTG?

Yeah, I'm familiar with Grantsburg as I bought my wheeler there at Wild river Sports Cycle. It's about a 35-45 minute drive approximately. Sounds like a GREAT time!

I will worn you now>>>>>>>>>

If you decide to go, what ever you do, DO NOT pic up Grandpatractors 7900.
You will have a 7900 itch for the rest of your life.......:ices_rofl:

Hope you can make it. It is usually a very good time. JD is a very gracious host.

I'm still mad that I can't make this one. But I will be at the spring GTG.

Looks like I'll plan on attending the spring get-together. I gots to get me a deer and make that Suzuki pull it out. Either that or the Suzuki will be pulling out some firewood anyhow.

You will have a 7900 itch for the rest of your life

I just bought me a Dolmar 5100, so the verdict is still out!

Hm, just saw this thread yesterday. A little more detail. After being born and partly growing up just off one Minnesota border (LaCrosse), and growing up along another (Grand Forks) and playing in Minnesota most of my life, I ended up in this glorious tourist town of Ely going on 7 years ago.

A German/Irishman surrounded by Finns and Bohunks. Oh well, you'll never catch me drinking Plink! :D

Ely is known among tourists as "The End of the Road" because it's the jumping-off point of entry into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Being a tourist town, it's darn hard to make a living here, which is why I'm a photographer, a lake trout guide, a book editor and a handyman/cabin maintenance guy. If you don't have at least three low-paying jobs, you don't belong in Ely. Since coming here I've coined a new motto. Ely: Where the End of the Road means the End of your Wallet. Somehow I don't think the chamber of commerce would see much humor in that.

I just like living in a small town surrounded by forest.

Well I'll be danged. I go to the woodtick races every year. We may be doing New Years weekend at a friend's cabin near Emily.

Woodtick Races are a BLAST, and gawd what a collection of cool motorcycles!

Hell ya good times, cool bikes a a few scantily clad women, and somethin as off the wall as racing woodticks, doesn't get any better. Near 500 contestants last year.

Ya sher den

East Grand Funk transplant 5 years ago. But heck if I will ever root for the Gophers.

Any new MNers out there?

Any new MNers out there that haven't posted in here? It's okay to admit it even when it's cold out there! :spam: :greenchainsaw:

Hm, just saw this thread yesterday. A little more detail. After being born and partly growing up just off one Minnesota border (LaCrosse), and growing up along another (Grand Forks) and playing in Minnesota most of my life, I ended up in this glorious tourist town of Ely going on 7 years ago.

A German/Irishman surrounded by Finns and Bohunks. Oh well, you'll never catch me drinking Plink! :D

Ely is known among tourists as "The End of the Road" because it's the jumping-off point of entry into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Being a tourist town, it's darn hard to make a living here, which is why I'm a photographer, a lake trout guide, a book editor and a handyman/cabin maintenance guy. If you don't have at least three low-paying jobs, you don't belong in Ely. Since coming here I've coined a new motto. Ely: Where the End of the Road means the End of your Wallet. Somehow I don't think the chamber of commerce would see much humor in that.

I just like living in a small town surrounded by forest.

I'm up there every summer for the Blueberry festival. Always seem to get there and usually see some cool stuff. I was a little dissapointed in it this year due to the rain.

First I would like to say thanks for all the great information on this site. We retired about 4 years ago and moved about 20 miles north of Aitkin and just love it.. Been burning wood for heat going on 38 years up here and in the cities before that { Cedar MN.}. Have three great saws, 044, 361, 260pro Gary

First I would like to say thanks for all the great information on this site. We retired about 4 years ago and moved about 20 miles north of Aitkin and just love it.. Been burning wood for heat going on 38 years up here and in the cities before that { Cedar MN.}. Have three great saws, 044, 361, 260pro Gary

Gary....Welcome to AS! I see that you joined in 09 and your first post is to my MN thread! I'm honored! Rep sent!

Dan

South of the river here. Savage to be exact, but my fiance lives in Bloomington, I go to school in bloomington and St. Paul and work out of Richfield. I end up in most parts of the state at least once a year. Love it here.

East bethel, MN Thirty minutes north from downtown.

I dont actually burn wood and I have 3 trees in my yard. I dont need 90cc saws and almost have no use for anything above 42cc but I just like chainsaws and big ones

I don't get there often enough, but I grew up in Itasca county 30 miles north of Grand Rapids near a little town called Marcell.:D

This thread is back again! I'm from Bemidji, but have been to Marcell many, many times.

Larry

MS 026
MS 361

Latest posts

Back