Who loves 50cc saws????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugly wood burns good. 50 cc saws rock. Use big ones when you have to and 50cc the rest of the time and you just may be able to work when you get old. Work smart, not hard.
Thats why i noodle so much, workn smart. Im not a strongman competitor, going on 60, 5ft 4in, 165#, 2 yr cancer survivor.
Big trunk wood lasts longer, in the pile and in the boiler both.
Which means im cutting less, loading and hauling less and burning less.
Faster cutting saws mean I spend less time bent over too.:rock2:

And big screamer saws r just plain cool to hold onto while they rip thru a log in half the time that me buddy does with his 55 rancher:dancing:

ported 2252, ported 261

And a mint Husky 350 that's getting a 346 top end(with some carving) & 357 carb/intake

A couple 346's that I haven't used yet

You are gonna love that 350 hybrid...mine runs like a scalded ape! It has gobs of torque for a 50cc saw too...the Tree Monkey'd HDA199 probably has a lot to do with that.

Just putting the whole 359 carb and intake set up, base gasket delete and muffler makes those 346/2153 an unbelievable saw! I was just as impressed after doing that as I was after getting it back ported from Tree Monkey, those simple mods must be a 25% gain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugly wood burns good. 50 cc saws rock. Use big ones when you have to and 50cc the rest of the time and you just may be able to work when you get old. Work smart, not hard.
I like to work with a wide grin on my face, even if it gives me facial cramps after a few hours. :D
Thus I like me my 64/79cc's and I dare say they don't tire me out more then my 40cc would. :chainsaw:

Are my practices smart?
I don't care as long its fun! ;)

I wonder how a 3120 does limbing ... :rolleyes:

I like to work with a wide grin on my face, even if it gives me facial cramps after a few hours. :D
Thus I like me my 64/79cc's and I dare say they don't tire me out more then my 40cc would. :chainsaw:

Are my practices smart?
I don't care as long its fun! ;)

I wonder how a 3120 does limbing ... :rolleyes:

A ported 50cc puts a pretty big grin on my face...every time!

I tell people I enjoy cutting my firewood and I get a blank stare like I'm crazy.
Sounds familiar!

Ever since I bought my PS-7900 I am trying to find more firewood to cut, just for the fun factor.
I am already ahead with my own firewood requirements, so I started asking acquaintances and coworkers whether they'd like help bucking their firewood.
Their first response is always "What Ya gonna charge me?".
When I tell them I only ask to be reimbursed for spent fuel, oil and a little something for chain wear they turn away in disbelief.
So far nobody took my offer to help cut firewood! :(
And then I am the weirdo? :confused:

I will like me a 50cc in a few years, in fact I like Brads 5k Dolmar - but right now I look for more cc's rather then less weight.

I look for the most horses I can get out of the lightest saw possible.
Limb n climb w/a ms360, mostly use da 272 xp I put together, n break out da 390xp when I have to. Which is frequently, heavy saw w/long bar that will tire you.

You are gonna love that 350 hybrid...mine runs like a scalded ape! It has gobs of torque for a 50cc saw too...the Tree Monkey'd HDA199 probably has a lot to do with that.
I have a Jerry (PioneerGuy600) 026 that is truly amazing! Use it 80% of the time on the dead standing oak I cut mostly for firewood! Makes getting a load of firewood a snap!

I have cut endless firewood and trees at work and bushes in the dirt with my stock 359 plenty f power ,I recently got a 450 from a pawn shop that plastic saw turns 12800 eats hell out wood with 18 bar and full chisel oregon chain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
450 what? Echo? Husky? Need a video :)

I like using saws that are too cheap and to small to be work - but kick butt. Sleepers are fun.

Back