who needs help for storm work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packed and ready, and I have an uncle-in-law (?) under the eye right now. But it's a real long drive for me and we got Hanna comin straight at us. Waitin and :Eye:

Roger that. Just waiting for the phone to ring.

The anticipation is worse than I expected, family is on edge, and I'm trying to tie up loose ends.

Good luck, be careful, and God be with you.

So what kind of money can be made by hauling loads of debris for fema? What do they pay for an average load in a very large grapple truck. Would it be worth it to go down there and take my grapple truck?

So what kind of money can be made by hauling loads of debris for fema? What do they pay for an average load in a very large grapple truck. Would it be worth it to go down there and take my grapple truck?

My brother worked for FEMA after Katrina supervising the removal of debris. He said they paid $9 a yard.

I did some tree removal for Katrina, and yes some people got $9.00 /yard at the begining, but it quickly dropped to $3.00. The worst part was waiting in line to dump and get back for another load. Not hard work but long hours for the money.

CL here has a 6 yard tri-axle dump trailer for about $4,000, add a decent 3/4 ton to pull it, another $2,000, about $1,500 for fuel down there, I don;t think I can make my money back very quick.

I'm not really at a point to haul any equipment down there. Too much work here to keep the other guys busy but I'd be willing to grab an inexperienced friend, a saw or two and my climbing gear, trow 'em in a truck and head south if there was someone to team up with.

[email protected]

We're sitting tight about 30 minutes west of Hanna's projected Saturday AM path. We'll probably have plenty of work without leaving town!

9 guys left last nite,the other 8 tomorrow.I am undecided as i have alot on my plate as to where to land.I may just hang here and see if any of the other 3 come this way.GL to all and stay safe.

Latest posts

Back