Who uses thread locker and on what parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlhead460

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Who uses thread locker and on what parts? Which thread locker do you use? I haven't used it on previous builds, but on my most recent one I noticed the 036 service manual calls for thread locker on some of the fasteners.

I think Echo uses it on everything......which is hugely annoying.

Myself I only use it on cylinder bolts and I only ever use low strength on power equipment.

Blue for most fasteners, especially case fasteners, and cylinder bolts/nuts. I do use red on the rod bolts, just for insurance.

Blue loctite on cylinder, muffler,oil pump and coil on Husqvarna, unless there is lock washers.

Blue on husky oil pump bolts that go into the crankcase.
What model there, Bad Brad?
I put Loctite Red #266 on ALL Stihl TS420/500i muffler screws. ( I actually use a straight pick, and stick it in the hole, wet) I don't put it on the screws because it just gobs up at the flange.
Works beautiful on deco plugs too.
.....I never have problems removing them. either. It just does it's job. :)

I use it by the large bottle on all tractor parts so I always have plenty . Nothing knocks bolts and buts lose worse then a tractor. I use it on those stupid husky bolts that always want to back out.

Latest posts

Back