Who wants to go in on a 54 gallon drum of VP SEF94 Fuel?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just try some 100LL...You will be surprised.
I was planning to, but it seems like the Sunoco is blended for much higher revs. than the 100LL.
I am concerned about the 110 octane in engines that might be down a bit on compression, though. (my 5100s should be fine with it :).)

How do u blend for higher rpm?

I don't know, but I'm making assumptions based on info. in other posts. (see below)

Yep that is very true, I have dealt with large radial engines for 15 years, large displacements, long stroke, rpms 3500 or less, 100LL is not racing fuel. Will it work, yep, is it as good as blended racing fuels, nope. When at RENO, VP racing fuel is used, it is racing fuel for a reason.

The Sunoco is sold at most of the tracks around here, and their site lists it as "racing fuel",
so I assume it's engineered for engines turning much more than 3500 rpm.
I'm not looking for "racing" fuel. I'm just trying to get away from the ethanol and I'm willing to pay a bit more for the peace of mind.
If the Sunoco is about the same $ as 100LL, and might be a better product for the application, then I'd rather buy that.

Last edited:
I don't know, but I'm making assumptions based on info. in other posts. (see below)

The Sunoco is sold at most of the tracks around here, and their site lists it as "racing fuel",
so I assume it's engineered for engines turning much more than 3500 rpm.
I'm not looking for "racing" fuel. I'm just trying to get away from the ethanol and I'm willing to pay a bit more for the peace of mind.
If the Sunoco is about the same $ as 100LL, and might be a better product for the application, then I'd rather buy that.

I personally don't believe everything I read on the Internet. Just cause the 100ll is used in a lower rpm engine does not mean it is specifically formulated for low rpm engines. I don't even think it is possible to make a low rpm fuel is it??? That just seems silly. The 100ll seems to be made from alot of the same stuff the other fuels are made of. All I know is that for a "low rpm fuel" it runs fine in all my saws including my muffler modded 025 and my 6401 when I had it. 13k does not seem "low rpm" to me. Even the old homelites at an average of 6k-10k rpm. That's still double and triple a rotary engine. I say nay to low rpm.

I still have a few says with a couple month old fuel in them and they still start and run as good as they day I mixed and filled their tanks.

All I know is that for a "low rpm fuel" it runs fine in all my saws including my muffler modded 025 and my 6401 when I had it. 13k does not seem "low rpm" to me.
I don't doubt that it's fine. I was planning to switch to it myself.
I'm just thinking that if the 110 Sunoco is about the same price, is easier to get,
and is somewhat more appropriate for the application, then I might as well get that.

this will be my second seson runnin sunoco 110 and i realy like it it does seem like i have to pull the starter cord a extra time when temp gets in to the teens and as far as older saws with lower comp it worked just fine in my old 028wb that didnt seem to have much comp

That doesn't get rid of the alcohol. I want to be rid of it entirely.

You know, I was talking about Ethanol today with some people. I hate that almost every single gas station within a 5 mile radius of my house is *May Contain Up To 10% Ethanol. I was listening on the radio today on NPR that NASCAR just inked a 6 year deal with Sunoco for a fuel called "Sunoco Green E15". That means at every pit stop you will hear an announcer say so and so just dumped 2 cans of Sunoco Green E15 into his racecar. I'm a roadrace guy myself, but just think of ALL the Legions of NASCAR fans that will get a Subliminal Message that this ethanol is going to make their car run like a racecar and heck its even "green". I HATE ETHANOL. Bottom line is that the EPA wants to add more Ethanol to Gasoline in the next couple of years, they want to change it to 15percent ethanol. On the radio the reporter said if the EPA had their way it would be more like 27% Ethanol per gallon at the pump.

Also, on this radio vignette they talked to this professor of some kind of petro-chemical degree, and he said that he made 2 identical 600 mile trips, one trip using E85 (available in only a handful of places across this great country of ours) which is 85percent ethanol 15 percent gasoline, the other on regular 87octane pump gas. This prof. got his fuel from the same station on both trips. He got his notes and said that he noticed a 37% increase in gallons used of the E85 vs the trip with the regular 87 octane. He was driving a FlexFuel Chevy something or other. Now I know hardly anyone uses E85, and this is an EXTREME example, but dang if that doesn't say something about ethanol not being the great stuff some people and politicians say it is.

The EPA will eventually have its way. Gasoline is going to die in our lifetime or our kids lifetime if it keeps going the way its been going.

Sorry to post this here, but it seemed like a good place for it. I think I'm going to head down to my local auto parts store soon. They sell mostly all of VPs Race Blends by the 5gallon jug. I definitely like the idea of the SEF94.

I miss the smell of leaded race gas.

Adam

Last edited:
It turns out it wasn't the VP fuel causing the issues with my 1050. I definately has some carb issues. I took it out this afternoon with pump gas, and it's doing the same thing. I've got the carb back off the saw.

Well I hope you can get the carb straightened out easily.

My dad run some E85 in his dodge truck that had the flex fuel badge on it. He got around 9 mpg vs 12.5 for gas. He doesn't drive hardly any interstate all short trips. Still I can't see the savings and most analyst say ethanol takes more energy to make than it saves.

Latest posts

Back