who was trying to tell me that mcculloch aren't husky made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter who or where its made, its all about how it works.

Oh the days when is it wasn't made in the good ole usa it was junk........well now in many cases if it is made in the usa it is junk.

Stihl is about the only OPE Manufacturer that makes only one brand to the best of my knowledge...........too bad I bought that 029 about 20 years ago.

McCulloch is back just wearing a different suit, is it made by Husqvarna, indirectly yes, likewise as Dodge and Chrysler are made by Fiat.

It doesn't matter who or where its made, its all about how it works.

Oh the days when is it wasn't made in the good ole usa it was junk........well now in many cases if it is made in the usa it is junk.

Stihl is about the only OPE Manufacturer that makes only one brand to the best of my knowledge...........too bad I bought that 029 about 20 years ago.

McCulloch is back just wearing a different suit, is it made by Husqvarna, indirectly yes, likewise as Dodge and Chrysler are made by Fiat.

Yes but they don't have a fiat sticker on them do they? The mac I was looking at clearly had a husqvarna sticker and in small print was the made in PRC (Probably Rubbishy Crap)

likewise as Dodge and Chrysler are made by Fiat.
Fiat is buying USA's bailout stock interest (exposure) for $500 million.
Fiat will now have controlling interest in Chrysler (52%).
The Fiat 500 was supposed to be coming...what a blue ribbon POS!!!
Haven't seen any here in southeast US area yet

You'd have to hold a gun to my head to make me buy a freakin' Chrysler!!
Even that might not work!!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
I just have to have that Mac. Man, I think I could toss out my Stihls and Dolmars and stick with that one for a one saw plan.

I just have to have that Mac. Man, I think I could toss out my Stihls and Dolmars and stick with that one for a one saw plan.

It is the best chainsaw range ever. No one would question your sexuality with that saw because it is a manly saw with skin and meat and a fancy forward line that makes it look fast.

It is the best chainsaw range ever. No one would question your sexuality with that saw because it is a manly saw with skin and meat and a fancy forward line that makes it look fast.

Nevermind the metro-sexual guy with the goofy haircut promoting it. I would think that they could have used someone with a little sawdust in them to promote that little beast.

Nevermind the metro-sexual guy with the goofy haircut promoting it. I would think that they could have used someone with a little sawdust in them to promote that little beast.

Listen to the statement at the end, He actually thinks this saw is far superior to anything McCulloch has ever made. EVER.

Kind of curious to see if they actually come out with a pro-grade Mac ever again. I figured Eletrolux would finally end up just doing away with all of the American names over time, even Poulan.

#### What did I miss? Oh well last one gotta get to bed, man the time flew by. Personally I dont- well I know I could'nt sell New Homelite's or Mculochs in my store I would be ashamed. I did a search earlier, before eccentiric got me a website, and I had put in Homelite forgot what else, and instead of it bringing me to a Muscle saw site of the Homelite's past! I saw a bunch of ridiculous reconditioned fisher price looking saw's hanging on shelve's WTF? Who are they trying to fool. I wouldnt recomend that junk to a homeowner. Probably would;nt start out of the box. Actually last homy I bought was in 1987, and that happened to me. Sad story to sell out two proud names. Two pioneer's who helped pave a long road. Wow, Eccentric, and Randymac rubbed off on me lately. Have been feeling a little under the weather LOL! Coming home tommorow with another HUSKY! Good night little buddie's

Kind of curious to see if they actually come out with a pro-grade Mac ever again. I figured Eletrolux would finally end up just doing away with all of the American names over time, even Poulan.

Well, since they started with a China made product, I sort of doubt it will be a pro brand again - but I have been wrong before......:msp_unsure:

Electrolux has not been in the picture since 2006.

I see all the crap out there peddeled with the Mac name on it and it's all a bunch of imported, down market junk developed for Harry Homeowner to beat the tar out of, throw away and buy another.

It is a shame, just as Mark said, that we live in a world where brand names can be bought and manipulated any way the corporations want.

I don't really understand how the Homelites, Poulans and Macs all got lumped into junk, consumer grade saws. With years of slop being manufactured I sincerely doubt that if Electrolux were to rebadge professional grade saws with the Mac name on them that they would be taken seriously by anyone not in the know. It would take years to rebuild the name, even then you would just have a yellow and black Husky.

I remember when I first got into saws my neighbor telling me about his old Homelite and what a good saw it was, XL-101, and me not believing him because it was a Homelite. I had no idea. In my lifetime all they have really produced is junk marketed under the Homie name.

If you look under that video there is a comment to the affect of "Good thing Robert Paxton McCulloch isn't here to see this." It's damn true.

Not to mention the guy in the vid calls the saw a "McCollick."

I'd like to take "the best chainsaw range in the world" out on "the best shooting range in the world" and try my hand at them.

Chris

Well, since they started with a China made product, I sort of doubt it will be a pro brand again - but I have been wrong before......:msp_unsure:

Electrolux has not been in the picture since 2006.

Which China are we now talking for "Macs"? I got one of the Taiwanese 35cc saws 5 yrs back, for a backup, really cheap. Been surprised at how nicely and quietly it runs. I've used it for cutting up lots of big sugar maple and black locust with zero probs. Don't see any reason for snobbery here.

Back